KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Monday, March 12, 2012

I am so tired of not feeling good. It is taking it's toll on my sewing!! I have so much I want/need to get done and I just don't feel like it. Above is my 12 x 12 challenge for March, yeah it's done. I love the starkness of it and also the straight line quilting, it feels so zen like.


This is also done, no name yet. It is going to go into the basket for our guild auction. I really want to make this in a bigger size.



You can kind of see the quilting a little better from the back.





Here is a close up of the front. Just a leaf pattern with some meandering in the background.




Here is a shot of my diary quilt with the first 2 rows put together. I am planning on working on my block today so it will be ready for tomorrow. No more late blocks.....

One more whine....I am not a fan of the time change. What's the difference if is stays darker in the morning? I think it would be better if they go back to changing it in April, I still feel like it's not warm enough yet. Also doesn't it feel like the day flies by? I need every second I can get! Okay, can you tell I have been in the house for a while and might need to talk to people other than my family???

Enjoy this beautiful spring day if you live on the East coast, the rest of the week is supposed to be pretty good too.
Kelly







10 comments:

  1. Your diary quilt is just adorable. I hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy the nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the zen quilt!! And actually as far as Daylight Savings Time goes, I think we should eliminate it entirely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear that you are STILL under the weather; these things do hang on and on.
    I like that straight line quilting a lot--so modern--strangely enough..Get some of that sunshine...Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for finishes! I love your zen quilt. The guild is going to appreciate the mini quilt in the basket.
    Kelly, You need to come over and visit me. Any time, any day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous that you've finished your March 12x12. You are ahead of the game.
    And your diary quilt looks fab. can't wait to see this week's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your little quilts. The straight line quilting is great on the black and white and i like the leaf (feather) quilting on the appliqued one. It is so nice of you to donate it to the quild.

    The diary quilt looks great. I was so surprised how many you have done already. Time flies!

    Sorry you are still under the weather. Hope you can get outside in the fresh air and that you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your little quilts. The straight line quilting is great on the black and white and i like the leaf (feather) quilting on the appliqued one. It is so nice of you to donate it to the quild.

    The diary quilt looks great. I was so surprised how many you have done already. Time flies!

    Sorry you are still under the weather. Hope you can get outside in the fresh air and that you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your projects are all looking great.
    The 12 by 12 challenge is really stunning.
    I do hope you start feeling better soon, especially when you are having good weather. You really want to make the most of it.
    We thought your daylight saving change was at a different time. We end ours at the end of this month and thought our change over was similar to yours. Maybe that's why I am muddled about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, Ihope you start feeling better soon. It can take a while to get your energy back.
    The black and white is so striking, really graphic.
    Love the mini for guild the colors are so great and quilting even better than great.
    I am totally impressed with your diary quilt.If I were doing one it would probably have one block. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your journal blocks together, it's going to be such a fabulous quilt at the end ans so fun. I love the small quil6ts, the black and white one is grabbing my attention.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!