KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Diary Quilt Tuesday

This week's diary quilt block is Snowdrops. They are one of the first flowers to bloom here in the spring. They are so pretty and dainty yet often bloom in the snow.


I had fun making this block and am happy with the way the green veins came out on the flowers. If you look at a real one they are there.



I have finally finished the quilt I can't show you and it is off to the machine quilter. As soon as I am allowed I will show you but I don't want to ruin Bob, the designer's surprise.




Last night at guild we had a really cool challenge. It was to recycle something and turn it into something. I did not get any pictures and I did not participate because of not feeling well. Pat and Rob did a great job organizing it and made beautiful ribbons for the winners.

We also had a silent auction and I got all those old cool retro silk fabrics for a $1.00. I must find something to do with them!!!


Kelly







12 comments:

  1. Lovely block as usual!!! Hope you are feeling better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,
    Those snow drops look so fresh and just right for the day like today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your snow drops!!
    great vintage silks - can't wait to see what your magic wand produces :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. simply lovely. and i love the silk scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snowdrops are such a sweet start to spring and you nailed them, it's a gorgeous block. Keep feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The snow drops are so pretty.
    Feel better everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Snowdrops are beautiful, great block.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew they were snow drops even though I have never seen any in real life! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!