KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Friday, March 23, 2012

AMAZING!!!

A Light In The Garden
The Longwood Garden quilt is finished and it is a beauty!!! It was made in 3 panels. The first represents light in the garden in the morning, the second panel, light in the conservatory and the third panel, light in the moonlit garden.

I took a bunch of close ups so you can see the extraordinary quilting by Lisa Calle. It is all very random but enhances the design so well.


There was a lot of research done to find flowers that bloomed in the late hours of the day.....


This originally had a hanging basket with a plant in it at the top. They switched it out for the birds which I think was perfect.

Just look at the quilting!


I really like the rays of the sun.


The swirly hearts around the butterflies suggest flying to me.
Just beautiful...


Don't you like the cross hatch quilting that just stops randomly?


A very detailed bird.
I was very happy to be a part of this group. If you ever get to Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square Pennsylvania be sure to look for this in the lobby. I think this is the best one yet!

Kelly

15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this quilt is extraordinarily scrumptious. All that beautiful piecing and awesome quilting ... takes my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AMAZING quilting! The design is wonderful too. Nice job on the pictures, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. This is the best ine of all. It is just beautiful and the quilting renders me speechless. Where are the blanket stitched leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! Your photos are great too, they really show the beautiful applique and quilting. I also love the way the feathers and crosshatching flows in and out of the applique. Just gorgeous! Your group is very talented and you should all be very proud of yourselves.
    Which part did you applique?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this gorgeous quilt, Kelly! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it. the quilting is wonderful love the redwinged blackbird,it is all so wonderful. hope to see it n person some day. makes me want to get practicing on my machine quilting. joanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has turned out to be quite stunning!Each of the three panels is so different. The work is beautiful and the quilting is amazing. Thank you for providing so many wonderful photos. And the best part is I may get to see it in June. Hope so!
    The ladies in your Longwood group must be so inspirational.
    Congratulations to all involved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great job with the photos, kelly. It is a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - that is extraordinary. I hope to see this in person one day. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great quilt, extraordinary quilting and details. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning quilt! The quilting is beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, the pictures look incredible. I couldn't hang the panels in my studio to get any good pictures. I am going to have to link this to my blog. Thanks!
    Lisa H Calle

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is just stunning. All of it, the design, the piecing, the quilting. Thanks for sharing. Your group should be just busting with pride!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is one super stunning quilt!! The quilting is out of this world!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! That is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!