KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Three Little Pigs Go Quilting

Three Little Pigs is a cute little sandwich shop in West Chester, PA. The food is great with awesome sandwiches and very unique salads and sides.

The sandwiches are named after the streets in town which adds to the fun.

Cheryl and Christine
 They display different artists' work every month.  We were asked to hang some quilts. I think this is a great opportunity to let people know quilts are not only on the bed but on the walls too!


They really look nice and I think the owner was pleased.


Quilt by Christine
This is a quilt that I love made by Christine, it is so wonderfully scrappy. I keep telling her I will steal this when she is not looking.



Poppies by Kelly Meanix
 A challenge made for the Penn Oaks Quilt Guild.

Bluebird in Winter by Kelly Meanix
This as made with antique feedsack fabrics that I bought at quilt shows. I really like that even though they are old they feel new and bright.

Abstract Blue by Kelly Meanix
Made with hand dyed fabrics, I really like the rich colors in this piece.

Spider Web by Kelly Meanix
A scrappy happy piece made in the cold dark days of winter.


Close up of Spider Web



Hollyhock by Kelly Meanix
 Another older quilt made about 10 years ago. I was moving away from reproductions and going towards the brights.



Tomato Queen by Kelly Meanix
This was made for a cookbook my guild Calico Cutters published as a fund raiser.




Bee Skeps by Kelly Meanix
  This is an old one made in my homespun days of quilting. I have moved on to brighter clearer colors.


Hanging By A Thread by Kelly Meanix


Close up of Hanging By A Thread
Again another challenge (oh yes I am getting a little tired of challenges!!) I had a hard time with this quilt and ended up writing all over the background. They are just my grocery list of every day life.

If you live in the area stop by and see them, I did not photograh all of the display. The Three Little Pigs are opened from 10:00 to 3:00 during the week and are located on High Street, between Chestnut and Gay Street.

Kelly



5 comments:

  1. love the quilt show! i like your spider web quilt with the ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, Kelly they are absolutely wonderful quilts...... Boy has your work changed... I loved Chris's quilt too....my colors....wish I could see them all at the restaurant.joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a bunch of gorgeous quilts!! I am glad I found you. Your work is beautiful!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Christine's quilt...a real beauty...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful collection of quilts! I love seeing the quilts from different phases in your quilting life..and Christine's scrappy quilt IS pretty wonderful. I can see why you'd like to have it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!