KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday Stuff

I had a few people email me to ask how I was attaching my basket handle to my blocks. First I just free hand cut the handle making sure it fit the space. If it doesn't no big deal just chop off the bottom ends to fit.

Next I used my iron to press my 1/4 inch seam allowance (making sure to clip the curves first). I prepared it just as if you are doing needle turn applique.

I put it on the background making sure I like where it was placed in relation to the basket. Now for the best part, I did not use one pin. I just held it in place and started on the inside curve first, using a small zig zag stitch. If it was a little off so much the better. The sititch width on my Bernina was 2.

Next I did the outside edge again no pins. It is real important to do the inside edge first or it will not lay flat. I also used matching threads.


After it is sewn on be sure to press it nice and flat.

Sew it to the basket and there you go!


This is what I am left with....another mess. All 9 blocks are made and  I am hoping to get these blocks together on Monday to show you how I am going to set them. I have an idea for the border but am not sure if it will work or not, we will see.
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely tutorial. I like where your baskets are going. All looks so bright and happy! Can't wait to see it the quilt on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the baskets look great, what a nice selection of solids.
    why is it we always have a mess when we are creating????

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!