KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Miscellaneous

I think this looks a little Amish as far as the colors go, but a little more free form. I ironed the seam allowance of the handle under and then did a little zig zag stitch around the edges. Never did that before but I think it fits the style of the block. The best part was it did not matter if the 1/4 inch was perfectly pressed! I like that. The handle is a little more off than what I was planning but I am going to let it go for now.

NO, I am not growing pot in the backyard! I have a tarragon plant that did wonderful this year and I wanted to save some before the frost got it. The first time I tried to dry it I just cut a bunch and hung it up to dry. All it did was turn brown.....tarragon is green in those little jars that cost $5.99. So if you want to do this just cut your stems and then pull off all the little leaves (this does take a some time) chop them up small and lay them on a cotton towel in a cool darkish area. In about 5 days to a week they will be dry and green!


This is another cool thing I love. It is an egg timer that I bought at Crate and Barrel and I think it only cost $3.99, probably the only thing in the store at that price....

Just put it in the pan with your eggs and water (turn on the stove)  then watch as it turns color. You can see the little light colored circle in the center.

Here is what it looks like right out of the pan. As you can see you can do different types of cooked eggs. Yes I know you can also use a timer but with this one I never get that little greenish grey stuff around the yolk.
Now you can take your hard boiled eggs and tarragon and make your self an egg salad sandwich!

Thinking of my brother Duffy today, 11/4/71 - 8/14/10.

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. I could use one of those timers too. I never know when the boiling has started because I don't watch the pot....

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!