KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Getaway


I am getting ready to leave for the Penn Oaks Quilt Guild annual getaway. Before I go I wanted to squeeze in one more post. This is a baby quilt for my niece who is due in July. She already knows she is having a boy and I think the wild colors will be fun for a baby to look at.



I have 25 blocks put together (not all are buttonholed yet) so I could see if I would like the colors together. I do! I especially like how a few of the light ones fade out.....like the original antique. In real life it is a little more visible.


My projects are packed. Don't I look so organized? I have 5 projects to work on, 2 that I am pretty sure I can get completed in the 3 1/2 days.



I feel like I am packing light this year, hope I didn't forget anything!
See you next week.

Kelly

14 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful, productive time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a fantastic time. Look forward to seeing what you get done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog! Your colors are the ones I love to use too! Can't wait to "get to know you"! Cheery wave from Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that baby quilt - makes me want to buy all those fabrics. enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really do use the most wonderful fabrics!! Have a great time at the retreat. I hope you have enough projects to keep you busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have fun with your getaway! Lovin' your baskets esp..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time. So pleased you can get out and about. The baby quilt is delightful. i do like the blues for the baskets, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You Go Sew, Girl! Can't wait for S & T.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go, Kelly, go. I wish I were joining you and all of the penn oaks quilts. Have a great time. You sure are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go, Kelly, go. I wish I were joining you and all of the penn oaks quilts. Have a great time. You sure are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun!!! Too bad your getaway is not down south where there isn't any snow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the baby boy quilt! Have a fabulous time away!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet your having loads of fun right now. I love both of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Remember, "well behaved women seldom make history!" So have a mischievous good time!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!