KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Friday, February 28, 2014

Freezing Cold Friday


The other day I came across this blog called, We Use Coupons that had a cute, quick little pin cushion.



I followed most of the directions but changed it up. I did find a frame at the Dollar Tree. It is plastic.


I painted it using Delta craft paint because it was what was in the house. Two coats.



Instead of using a piece of plain fabric, I decided to look into my bag of embroidery that am hoarding  saving for a worthy project. The colors in this piece were perfect but it was too big.



This one was perfect and it shows off those perfect buillion stitches. I also liked the texture of the linen.
I love that some one had the patience to make all those pretty stitches.


 I cut 2 pieces of batting the same size as the glass and put it behind the embroidery. It poofed out just enough and then I replaced the cardboard backing. There is no glass on the front.



It looks cute next to my notions. I don't know if I can stick pins in it....


One more FW block complete. I think there will be more this weekend.

Kelly


13 comments:

  1. Sweet! Love the wrapped stitches. Stay warm! ;-D We're in for a rough Monday & Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, what a great idea. Loveeeeee the blue! And you collect embroidery, what a fun hobby. Also loveeeeeee the blue in your FW block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your FW blocks! I've made two FW's and feel like I should start another....when it's over and done, it feels kind of empty not to be making them. Cute pincushion! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the FW basket block. I don't know what it is about baskets...but I love them. The embroidered pincushion is so adorable. Not sure I could poke pins into it either. But it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute. I'm starting to think of that as Kelly Blue :)
    it looks sweet on your table.
    have a great weekending sewing FW blocks. How many done now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A.Dor.A.Ble!!! This is going on my Pinterest board, and I will have to try making one! Thanks for warming up the week with a great project! P.S. Wouldn't that make a sweet swap theme?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this sweet pincushion! Those colors are a delight. And am in love with your FW block.... those fabrics are awesome for the basket!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet pin cushion although I'm not sure that I could stick pins in something so nice either. Your latest FW blocks are great. This quilt is going to be really special!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute pin cushion, Kelly! Love the turquoise for the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must have the best pin cushion collection!! This latest one is brilliant! Love your blue basket block, such gorgeous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely idea. It looks perfect on your table.
    Another storm coming, I hear. good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your framed picture turned out so super cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!