KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Eat Your Fruits and Vegetables

One could look at this and say "she has way too much time on her hands"...not so. It was to get the grandkids to eat more fruits and veggies. If they ate them they could put a label on the Corona bottle. It does work if you need a little fun project.

We even found some cool stamps and the label from Morton's Kosher salt. Can you tell we eat a lot of bananas?

It is intended to be a vase...I am going to paint some Mod Podge on it to make it water proof.

This one "sign & date" was on the tax return, no further comment needed...

I haven't been a total slacker....I still need to sew the blocks together. This one is for me and Bob....no more Pottery barn quilt.
The gardens are calling and soon will be the push, pull of wanting to garden and wanting to quilt. After this winter, summer is looking real good!

Kelly

9 comments:

  1. Kelly,

    What a great idea! You get them involved in something fun, they behave and you get a vase in return!
    Love the red and white quilt for your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea for stickers!! Such a clever way of getting your grandchildren to eat fruit! The red and white quilt is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, I love this idea! Wish I had thought it when the grands were here five days a week. Your new quilt looks fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had thought of that. When my son was little he put his banana stickers on the tile wall in the kitchen. Years later I peeled them off and threw them out but it would have been nice to have had the bottle to keep them on. A nice keepsake for you and the kids. I bet they remember making it even when they are all grown up.

    Love the red and white quilt - its about time you gave yourself a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and clever grandma you are! The red/white quilt is gong to be so great! This time of year it is a tug of war for your time with the yard work calling isn't it? My husband and I put down flagstone today around the water garden after cleaning it (yuk!) They are calling for rain tomorrow so hopefully I'll get to sew a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just inspire me with your posts, this is another neat idea and I'm still thinking about the hankie dolls, lol. Love, love the red quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can one person have so much fun? You're the best K-Mix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. man o man....you sure are no slacker. Can you believe I haven't started a red & white? ME?! of all people?? I practically pee red!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your bottle - what a great idea.
    Did you know that some people collect these stickers, like stamps and put them in books - yours is way cooler.
    Your red and white is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!