KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Home Sweet Home



All I can say is thank goodness we have sewing! Though I have not been able to focus much. I do love this Tula Pink fabric and it was an absolute had-to-have kind of purchase.


Last week at my guild I won some Challenge Ribbons! Little did I know that might be my last time there for a few months!

This is my challenge quilt, Henrietta Hen. Our theme was Farm Animals. I have no energy to go upstairs, find the quilt and take a picture so you are getting a screen shot (-: from Instagram.



I have a pile of scraps that I can't decide what to do with.....make something or put them away? I can't seem to make a decision about anything!


Our retreat that was supposed to start next Monday was canceled and the plan was to work on machine quilting this vintage quilt. I started but it is taking FOREVER! I thought hanging out with some friends might make the time go faster. Now I am left on my own!
I am doing random lines across and then random lines vertically.


I just love the craziness of these blocks. There are pleats, holes (I repaired) and just many, many, mistakes. But I love it! Nothing lies flat, nothing is square and that's ok. I love that I am finishing up someone else's UFO. It's kind of ironic when I have plenty of my own!


I am also working on a BOM from Figtree Quilts, called Summer Picnic. I love her fabrics but don't have a lot of them. The blocks are pretty easy and you make 1 to 3 a month and all are different sizes.

So what are you all doing while we are at home for who knows how long? I know the obvious thought is sewing but are you doing anything else?
Any good books?

Kelly.

5 comments:

  1. I think we can all relate. A big bag of mixed emotions. It seems like a one day at a time experience. Glad you're working with some bright colors and fun patterns. It helps to cast way the other feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Tula Pink fabric! I have to have some also. Henrietta Hen is quite chic. Wonder if she is difficult to make. Random blocks have an organic vibe which is currently vogue. Presently, I am recuperating from surgery and working on hand stitching. Not yet up to sitting at sewing machine. Little did we all know many other kindred stitchers would have unplanned extra sewing time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that Tula fabric too!
    Congratulations on your ribbons. I do love your hen quilt!! what fun.
    Glad you have some colorful projects to keep you busy.
    I'm reading "Olive, Again" and I also read "The Most Fun I've Every Had" which I think you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have been enjoying your blog for years. Congrats on your Challenge ribbons for a lovely quilt. I have been doing exercises learned during my open heart surgery recovery, and picking up winter's detritus in the yard for exercise. My diningroom table is piled up with ufo's and new ideas for another one. The silence of no school buses and fewer cars is similar to after 9/ll. We will get through this. Take care. Alice (former Penn Oaks mem)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I talked to two friends this week, who both sew, and all three of us are having trouble focusing on creativity during this crisis. Emotional energy is low. I watch some funny shows on netflix and listed them and the current book series I am lost in, on today's "I Like" post. The fellow I Like group always lists books and shows they like, so for a distraction check out the links to their posts too! congrats on winning for the cute challenge quilt. If you're not jazzed about the scraps keep them for when you're more on top of it, they are so pretty. LeeAnna at
    https://lapaylor.blogspot.com/2020/03/i-like-thursday-185.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!