KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Another Day




 This is such a weird time. I am having a hard time even remembering what day it is. Yesterday I tried to sew but just wasn't into it. I think I am on information overload along with everyone else.

Today was a better sewing day and a colorful one! These are blocks for a Sampler Sew Along I am doing for my guild. We pushed up the time line a bit because everyone is at home and wanting to sew.


Some of the blocks are paper pieced and it is not an easy thing to understand. Once you make 100 you finally get the hang of it! I did a tutorial for the guild members and hopefully that will help. I spent a few hours making the block along with photographing and writing up the directions. That very small thing made me feel more productive.


Do your moods reflect your color choices? I am wondering if I picked this green because it is peaceful. The blue half square triangles were from a mistake I made yesterday....



This block feels spring like even though today is cool and dreary. I think tomorrow we get a taste of summer!


I added one more to my bunch for the day and it feels satisfying.


I will pass on my find! It is a light box I got from Amazon for $22.00. It works great and is perfect for my needs. The brand is called Tiktek, in case you are interested.

I got a nice comment from a past guild member, Alice. I am sorry but your email address did not come through and I could not answer you directly. I wanted to say hello and I hope you are feeling better! I miss seeing your amazing quilts!

Kelly


2 comments:

  1. Your blocks are fun and cheerful - something we all need right now.
    Nice lightbox, can you believe I still use a window in my SR ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see that your guild will be making even though they cannot meet in person.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!