KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fabric Surprise

I went to Joanne's yesterday for Wonder Under and Timtex and look what I found.....the next new line of Denyse Schmidt fabric. I didn't like all of them but these I could not resist. I really like that dotty one.

I knew it wouldn't last but when I spread things out it lets me be creative.....one more thing to finish up and then I will put it all away.

I am starting a new quilt for my brother in law David. He lives in NY in a very cool apt. with a million dollar view. This is the inspiration for my color pallette. It is going to be fun, cut and sew, no pattern, no problem...........yeah right!
Kelly

9 comments:

  1. fun new fabrics.
    Love the collections of blues and they will make a stunning "fresh" quilt for NYC - can't wait to see what develops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well....I know where I will be going today! Can't wait to see your NY Quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to make a trip to Joann's today.. Thanks, Kelly!
    Love your blues.. I think it is going to be a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, did you have to post this today? Now I have to add a trip to JoAnn' s to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't impressed with the DS range in our local mega-store but those are quite nice.

    "cut and sew, no pattern, no problem.........." and it will be all right in the end!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely choices for his quilt. Blues are really 'in' right now.

    Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY (no emails), for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

    Have a beautiful week.
    Hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stumbled upon a few of those myself on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear! The DS Sugar Creek Collection is enticing, isn't it? I stopped at my Joann's this morning and learned a few bolts just arrive this morning! I bought only one since I had only one 40 percent off coupon. Can you guess I am very cheap? Err, well, "frugal" is my favorite term. I think I bought the one that's your favorite! Navy checked "cherries" with lime green tops, and lime green posies on a white background. I may find another one or two to buy... when another coupon becomes available, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd heard there was a new Denyse Schmidt range. I love the corn flower fabric. Love all those cool blues together, I can't wait to see what happens when you cut and sew..

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!