KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

An Earthquake, A Hurricane And 2 Posts In One Day!

Now you know the world is coming to an end!!

This is my Hurricane Irene baby quilt. It is called Charm Squares Baby Quilt and the pattern is by Oh Fransson! I thought is was an easy quilt to complete in a day or two, it was so give it a try. I think the only thing I would do is make it a little bigger next time. The colors look rather blah in this photo but in real life it is great. I used a gray polka dot for the binding.

I did a zig zag or flame kind of quilt stitch that took a little longer than I thought but I like it and will do it again.

Here is a close up.

In all the craziness this weekend I forgot to wish my baby boy, Colin a happy 30th birthday! His wife, Jenny,  made some special plans that were cancelled for the weekend. They will be celebrating this weekend so keep your fingers crossed for no more storms!
 Kelly

7 comments:

  1. Your quilt is wonderful. I love all those fabrics and know how fresh and bright it would be in real life, though the photo really isn't bad at all. The quilting looks great and you've done well to already have it bound!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! That was a fast quilt! It's adorable. Thanks for sharing it and for telling us where to find the pattern. So nice. Ahh, I have a 30 year-old son too, and I can't believe it. Can you!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely baby quilt. So colourful and fresh. I like the texture you have created with the quilting. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly so glad you are okay! Your quilt is wonderful, really really cheerful! Hope your family can have a quiet and funfilled celebration this weekend!
    Hugs, Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Colin. (fingers crossed for a great weekend)

    Love quilt, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute baby quilt! It's looks cool and fresh. Isn't it fun to do a personal challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!