KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Rich and Famous

I am lucky to hang out with some very talented quilters. Two of them are featured in Quilt Life magazine this month.
First up is Terry Kramzar who participated in 2, Artist In Residence programs, at the Grand Canyon and the Everglades. It is a great article I think you will enjoy it.


This is her gorgeous quilt called Mayapples that won first place in Houston this year in the Art Naturescapes catagory.


Next up is Cheryl Lynch  and her article is called Just Around the Corner. It is based on her book Quilt Fiesta! that uses Mexican tiles to create blocks with a secondary design in the corners. Sorry my pictures are not that good, just go get the magazine and enjoy reading about these two friends.

This is some Show and Tell at Calico Cutters yesterday. This is Christine's quilt and she did a fabulous job of machine quilting it.

How about this? Lucille and Kathleen's quilts, same pattern different fabrics. How different they look!
Tomorrow I am taking a break from my deadline quilt to make something quick and fun for myself. My hope is that is will be made and finished by tomorrow night.....I need a reward!

Kelly

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us know about the magazine. Now I have to go get one! Hope you have a great day making something for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kelly!
    Thanks for the look inside. I want to go out today and get mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is it that 2 of us are in it? K - You deserve a fun day. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just thought I would leave a comment to let you how much of a nice read this actually was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if Ill find that magazine here in Oz, I'll keep an eye out. Congratulations to your clever friends for being featured. Enjoy your special day making something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw it yesterday at Barnes & Noble. Love reading about my friends.
    Debbi F.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how fun to have 2 friends in one issue!
    the side by side show and tell was fun to see.
    have fun on your "me" project

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did move in important circles, don't you? LOL

    I love looking at two quilts made from the same pattern in different colourways! Amazing how they look like different quilts, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to have such inspirational people around you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the magazine tip off Kelly. Is it okay if I share that info in the Education column this month? I can't wait to go get the magazine!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!