KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Girl's Day Out

Sujata, Jane, Barb, Terry, Kelly and Christine
Yesterday Sujata invited a fellow blogger Barb from Fun With Barb to come and visit us. We managed to have a great time.

Barb brought some of the things she is working on for show and tell. It is amazing how much more wonderful things are in real life and not a picture! You get to touch them and see the true colors of the fabrics.

Don't you love how she mixed fish fabric with scissor fabric?


This is a gorgeous quilt, one of Barb's favorites and I can see why!


It is made with hexagons some pieced and some not. The most amazing part of this is the unusual fabrics that she used. There is a wonderful richness to this stunning quilt.


This has hundreds of crystals scattered about.....


A very personal quilt with lots of fun folk art shapes. Barb appliqued the dogtooth borders.

Christine has been on a roll making some runners....


this one has lots of texture and a cool stitch.....


red, her favorite color!


Not all our show and tell is ready to be seen yet. Sujata had this antique piece with little mirrors crocheted down. I wonder what she might do with this???

We really had a wonderful day just talking and doing things quiters do, talk about fabric, techniques, quilts shows, eating Sujata's yummy soup etc. I hope we do it again real soon! Thanks Barb for making the long drive and thank you Sujata for inviting us over

Kelly

11 comments:

  1. Oh I wished I could have been there, I love Barbs work and her blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts. What a talented group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing pictures of these gorgeous pieces. Barb is a girl after my heart. I love her use of color. That hexagon one - I know it as Candied Hexagons, an Australian design - is my favorite. She did a wonderful job with it. And I presume that the Kelly in the group photo is you? Lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post and love the quilts you were sharing! Looks like a fun time had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know where the day went by!
    The show and tell was so much fun!
    Thank you for coming :0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fun! Thanks for sharing that beautiful work with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing. You all always seem to have so much fun!
    I'm going over to check out Barb's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just read about your day at Sujata's blog. Oh what a super fun day you must've all had!! Barbs quilts are so amazing! The crystals on her India quilt would be wonderful to see in real life. I'm so in love with her Mother's Garden quilt. I too thought putting scissors and fish together was really cool. Thanks for sharing your day with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was such a fun day and totally worth the drive. You have an amazing group on nice woman who are excellent quilters. I left very inspired and ready to sew, sew, sew.
    Thanks for giving me such a warm welcome!
    go giants!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous way to spend a day. I love everything of course and all from some of my favourite bloggers.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!