KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Diary Quilt Tuesday

This  has been a very stressful sewing week. Three times I had to rip out pieces on a quilt I am making for a book because I sewed them in the wrong place...3xxxx!!! My seam ripper and I have become very good enemies.

This is not the real fabric I am using but this is what most of the pieces looked like, being unsewn. Yes they are small too! I thought it would be fun to use it in the block. After I stitched it I put a dab of Stitch Witch at the critical points to keep it from coming out. A little bit of Elmer's glue on the thread keeps it attached to the background Some beads were added to the pin heads and I called it a day.
Back to the other quilt.
Again the pictures are not very good. I am trying to figure out how to get my pictures from Picasa to my blog.....

Kelly

11 comments:

  1. May I be the first to say that I love it! Sorry for your frustration When is this project due? And what is the background febric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,
    I think this is going to be so much fun when the year is over. We all will remember exactly how each week had unfolded for you!

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am going to have to dig out a Thesaurus to look up synonyms for gorgeous and amazing to describe your blocks each week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this block. I'm sure it speaks to sewers everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this one and I can sympathize. I have a small quilt waiting to be frogged right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes the seam ripper, I hope your project is back on track. Your block is wonderful! I love the little touches like the pin heads and unravelling thread. Are you quilting as you go?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need one of these for your sewing room, Kelly ~

    http://generationqmagazine.com/2011/10/in-the-q-niverse-quilters-get-inked/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your diary quilt blocks. I need another challenge like a hole in the head but I love this one. Then I saw your post about the knit two rows like the sky and thought that was great too. Thank you for the inspiration. Now I need to do a special one week plan so I can fit everything in.
    Cheers,
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your little journal blocks! I have finally started my first "story" work: a book for my grandson's 2nd birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for your frustrations but your block is a complete delight! How perfect is your enemy seam ripper?! I look forward to Tuesdays to see what small perfection you've dreamed up. Thanks Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh no! I know what you are working on, and eeeekkk.
    I love the ripper block for the diary - You'll remember just what you were doing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!