KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Monday, December 30, 2013

My Last Quilt of 2013

Winter Trees

My Winter Trees is finished, hot off the sewing machine, and it will be delivered tonight. I am a little anxious about giving this one away because I am not sure if the recipients will like it or not. Of course they will be gracious and say they do but......there is always that little doubt.



Sorry about the picture quality, it is over cast today and I can't get a good picture.
This shows some of the close quilting that I find I enjoy doing, sometimes....



I changed the direction of the quilting in each section. Some of the quilting even looks a little like the grain of a tree, a happy accident.


None of the lines are straight which makes it a whole lot easier and a lot more fun to do.


I think I may make another one in different fabrics or maybe not, my list of "to do" is a long one.


Kevin, Jim, Caitlin and Ann
Did you have a nice Christmas? I had almost all of my husband's family for Christmas Eve, all 36 of them! It was a lot of fun. Next year it will be 37 as my niece is expecting her first child in the spring. I do notice that the older I get, the more it takes out of me and by Friday I was about to turn into a not very nice person. It passed and I am back on track.

Jimmy, Rick and Bob
Three of the 6 brothers, which one do you think is the oldest? Most of my pictures did not turn out, lucky you!
Back soon with a real post and some sewing.
Go Eagles!
Happy New Year!

Kelly

22 comments:

  1. The one in the middle? I absolutely love your trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the trees! How big is the quilt? And I love the quilting on it, too! Awesome! They will surely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am crazy about your trees!! I love the quilting that you did. Is this a large quilt? Thanks for posting it. I am "into" trees right now and this is a great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope the recipient.appreciates the quilt, it is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the trees! I know what you mean about your list of things to do.
    We had a good Christmas.
    Happy new year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Your tree quilt is wonderful, Kelly! I really like the bareness of it, that leaves the quilting to be admired. You did a great job of piecing and quilting. I can almost appreciate how stressful it was to have so many house guests! We were only ten people, but could manage to get on one anothers' nerves. Having little children underfoot and being rowdy, doesn't help. I hope you get lots of help in 2014, or maybe even a change in venue (?) Happy new year to you, my friend. May 2014 be filled with happy sewing, quilting, and excellent health!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the free form and creative quilting on your trees. I'm sure the recipient will be in awe with your original piece of art. 36 people!?! You're a saint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had my husband's family here Christmas 2012 -- all 50+ of them! Never again, it's too stressful and my mother-in-law agrees!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stitching on your very striking tree quilt! Sounds like your Christmas was all about family which is perfect.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tree quilt turned out and great. I loved the solids and the quilting is really wonderful~
    Happy Early New Year! Looking forward to year of inspiring posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your tree quilt!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If your friend doesn’t like the tree quilt I would be happy to send you my address. Hard to tell about those brothers they all look so young.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kelly, The trees look so pretty. I am sure it will be well received! I love how you quilted it too. I am looking forward to another extraordinary creative year. You are an inspiring quilter. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy new year Kelly! I think your winter tree quilt looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love you winter trees Kelly, what a beauty of a quilt. As said before, inspiring. So glad you had a lovely family Christmas. All the best for 2014 xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Winter Trees quilt is lovely . The quilting lines have added a lot of character to the quilt.
    Pleased you survived family and Christmas.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The tree quilt came out so great. I love the simplicity of the design and the dense quilting. Who wouldn't love that quilt?
    Glad you have recovered from the holiday party. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE this tree quilt! It is wonderful in every way... Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your trees quilt is wonderful--fresh and modern!! How could they not love it? Wow--36 for dinner! I'd say you're earning some saintly points!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your winter trees are inspirational....look so much like the ones out my windows! I'm not going to even try to guess who is the oldest but sure am curious now!! I was tired after having less than half of the holiday guests that you did...sure understand the stress!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whew, you had a busy Christmas, I feel tired thinking about it and there were only three of us at my place. The trees quilt looks amazing, it's wonderful with your quilting. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so behind in my blog reading... it's wonderful to see you had a good Christmas. I think Christmas is tiring too and I don't have 36 people to make lunch for, yikes!! I'd be exhausted! Your trees are wonderful. I truely think that the recipient would have loved them.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!