KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Friday, February 4, 2022

Icy February

 



First of all I am sorry for the bad pictures, we are in the midst of rain turning to ice later today. 
This was a quilt that did not start out as a Valentine quilt but turned into one!


I was thinking more "Home is where the heart is" But I think the pink made it more Valentineish. Is that even a word?


Picking out just the perfect fabric is a labor of love. Checks are always a "yes" in my book.

The hearts were simple to make, I am sure you can figure them out just by looking at them. I used easy corners at the top and bottom and made the length the size of the house blocks. If you are on Instagram I did a tutorial, go check it out!


These darling school house blocks are paper pieced and are in the current  issue of American Patchwork & Quilting if you are so inclined to make some. The pattern is called Close To Home.


Again I love searching for just the right fabric!


The houses sew up quickly and if you look closely I made a mistake in the upper right hand block. I accidently sewed the section on upside down. It was not hard to fix and way better than having to make an entire new block!


I did some random straight line quilting because this will be a wall hanging and it makes it nice and sturdy.

I am participating in a doll quilt swap in March.  This is about 18" x 18". Red and green is always a favorite and classic color combination for me.



I was feeling very confident that I would hand quilt this little gem. Well after my attempt at the center I quickly abandoned that idea! It was really awful. So the little squares are machine quilted, at least I tried!

I am still pecking away at this and usually only work on it at my bee. I am in no hurry and always need some handwork now and then.


I always bring these to bee as well. It is the first thing I work on and usually finish with time to work on some of the Robbin Peter to Pay Paul quilt. The blocks are small, they finish at 5".

I have ANOTHER applique project that I would like to start and may give back basting a try. Has anyone done this and have any tips or suggestions for me?

Kelly

 

8 comments:

  1. Very nice Valentine quilt! Love those houses. Looks like I’ll have to go out and buy American Patchwork and Quilting. The small applique blocks appear to be a Lori Smith pattern which are so classic. I’ve never tried back basting. Perhaps others can give good advice. There are lots of youtube videos on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, let me know @textiletimetravels if you need the magazine. It is my pattern and I have extra copies for sale.

      Delete
  2. Kelly, this is SEW CUTE!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Valentineish" works for me. =) Such a gorgeous little quilt. Those pretty houses and sweet hearts were just meant to be together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this collection of beautiful quilts, and progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pink house quilt. The fabrics all work so well together and make such a nice quilt.
    Your doll swap is wonderful and the quilting looks great. She'll appreciate the hand work I'm sure.
    I've only dabbled in back basting but I know that a lot of quilter really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Paula from Colorado, I have been blogging for a while now, and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had endometriosis and herpes virus for 18 years and I never thought I would ever get a cure due to the terrible symptoms I had and this made it impossible for me to get pregnant even after 12 years of marriage, and it was a serious issue. Furthermore, I got to know about Dr. Itua on a Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cure and gave her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua, and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give it a try too and use his herbal medicine. That was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 this December, and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease… Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory, Diabetes, Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back,  If you have (A just reach his on (drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or order herbs from his herbs store https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital issues. He's a good man. 

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!