KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Thursday, June 4, 2020

!!!!!!!!



I am a little frustrated. Blogger changed it's format and I am trying to figure it out.....why can't they leave wel enough alone?
My new ironing board cover. This is the one I use that is near my sewing machine to press blocks and small pieces of fabrics.


I love how it fills the space and makes it easy to iron a fat quarter. The top one is the old one, you can see how small it was.


I am doing the Alison Glass stitch along. It is to work on our hand stitching and enjoying the slower process. I made a large container for I am not sure what. A bottle of wine will fit in there though....


Our first prompt was to use the Kantha stitch. I really enjoyed this and it did not take as long as I thought it would.

My quilt is getting bigger! All the blocks are sewn and trimmed. I just need to sew them together.


So now that I made my new ironing board......I found another way to press seams. Use your roller (I think I purchased this for paper piecing?) Open the seam and roll back and forth a few times.


I was skeptical but look how flat it is! Also there is no distortion and it takes 2 seconds.


I feel this technique is good for when you want your seams open. Look how nice they look!!! They never look this good when I iron.


A very nice flat block. I am going to be using this for lots of blocks.


Did you see this? Marcia, Marcia, Marcia has her own line of fabric! It does feel so 1970's. You can be sure I will be getting some of this. What do you think yes or no?

Kelly

11 comments:

  1. Blogger’s new format is less user friendly in my opinion. The roller is similar to what is used for seaming wallpaper. The block looks great - no distortion. Corners are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!!!'s from me, too--"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" should be written large on Blogger's walls...ugh!!

    Anyway, love that little roller for seam work right near your sewing machine--great...Stay safe
    hugs from afar, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having a problem with the new format too. I can't find the 'new post' button!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally found it- its the orange plus sign in the bottom right hand corner.

      Delete
  4. I want that roller... blogger... grrrrrrrrrrrr
    blogging is one joy still left to me, and now it's going to be a PITA too. Your quilt looks so good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun things happening in your sewing room with the exception of Blogger. I keep ignoring the alert. Guess I'd better check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen the roller before but was a bit skeptical! Nice to know it's worth the money!:) Those fabrics really do scream 70's. Love that.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the notice that blogger was changing, but I haven't tried it yet.
    Great block roll ironed. I have a roller like that for rolling seams in wallpaper. I have to check the basement.
    Your stitching looks great and your quilt is Fabulous! love those emerging circles.
    That fabric line looks very fun and very 1970s.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Barb: I think that roller was originally intended to seal seams on walls when you hung wallpaper!
    I love your new ironing surface. So sweet.
    And your quilt is looking fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read another blog today about them recovering their portable iron board and they used the same fabric you used. What are the chances? Love your quilt. Can’t wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!