KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Going in Circles



Yes I have started another quilt! This is Chic Country by Sew Kind of Wonderful. They make the Quick Curve Ruler. Scrappy seems to be my thing these days!


It has gone pretty fast once you get all the  pieces cut out. That takes forever!!!! It does become mindless sewing which is good for me right now.


For those of you that have never used the Quick Curve Ruler, it will change your mind forever on curves! It makes them easy and doable.
After I cut out all those pesky pieces and sew them together it will look like this. Pretty bad? At this point you can spray it with starch or my favorite, Mary Ellen's Best Press.


Next comes the trimming, it's very satisfying.....


Pretty darn easy and a pretty perfect block.


AND you can chain piece them for an even faster way to go.


How perfect (for me) is this fabric? It is decorator weight and I am planning to make an ironing board cover along with a new board,  I need a bigger one. It is by Lori Holt and she has a Youtube video on how to make the ironing board. My friend Stephanie and I think she is the most clever quilter out there. She knows what we need before we do! 


I ran across this on Instagram and fell in love with the pattern and the colors. It's by French General.



It is not something I needed to add to my "pile" but I feel like things are slower in the summer and it may be just the perfect porch activity.

Once again, to those that emailed me for a pattern. If you did not receive one, it is because it did not include your email address and I have no way of know where to send it to. Same thing with comments. I always respond to every single comment, unless I don't have your email address.
Another thing.....Blogger has changed and I am not sure if I have figured out all the new steps. I hope this turns into a blog post!

Kelly

12 comments:

  1. Fun new curves. Trimming can be so satisfying. Great colors and designs definitely going in circles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winding Ways with a QCR? I'm in! Yes, mindless sewing right now is a blessing --- heck, quarantine projects in general are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun quilt you are making! Love the idea of making your own ironing board cover. You choose the perfect fabric for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this circular design! wow that secondary pattern is very cool.
    Your embroidery project looks fun.
    That fabric! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Winding Ways quilt! The negative and positive block alternating are great! I made a small top of that pattern, piecing the blocks by hand. Your blog inspires me to try your method. Thanks for sharing! Of course my top is not quilted yet!!! Carol in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  6. squee that's my kind of fabric too, the ironing board cover fabric. SO adorable. Great new scrappy quilt. Your post worked... I haven't even tried the new system yet. I do not even want to learn a new system since the one I've been using works well... oy vey...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Circle Fun quilt! You always have the best scraps! :) and don't you hate it when blogger changes??? Take care, and happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful to have such a great looking quilt coming out of 'mindless piecing'! This is looking fantastic.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scrappy makes everything better! Love your scrappy version of this. And I can't wait to see your new ironing board, sounds like it's going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Going in Circles looks awesome. I love the effect this traditional block sometimes called Winding Ways produces. I’m tempted to get the ruler.

    ReplyDelete
  11. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best & Guaranteed Crypto Recovery Hacker Recovery Masters

    My experience of online scamming took seconds and cost me thousands. I was fooled by a YouTube video that convinced me that I could make a killing in Crypto, and the minute I clicked the link and deposited funds, I knew something was up, but it was too late. I worked with RECOVERY MASTERS, and they were so helpful and supportive, and in the end, after 4 days, I finally got almost all of the money back. It wouldn't have been possible for me to meet up economically because I almost invested all my money but all thanks to Recovery Master with their genius effort to help me recover my already stolen currency. Please ensure also to consult: Recovery Master via email: (recoverymasters@email.cz)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!