KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Little Paintings


The motivation is still on the loose and I can't seem to catch it! I was reading this morning, painting and sewing. Now I am not sure what I want to do...
Today is a beautiful spring day so a little sunshine was also in the mix while I finished my book.


I enjoy reading about history and the Gold Rush era is one of my favorites. This book bounces between now and the mid 1800's. He should have stayed in the 1880's, it was way more interesting. I found my self skipping/speed reading through the modern time period. Any suggestions for a gold rush book?


I love my little palette. The colors are called Tropical and for the past few days I am only using these colors. Sometime too many choices make it harder.


I have my paper, paints and water set up on my kitchen counter. It is an easy clean up if I make a mess and it lends itself to a quick creative burst. I can do it while I am making a meal, waiting for water to boil or finish something that was waiting to dry from earlier in the day. These are also small to use up leftover paper.


None of these are very hard, like everything else you just have to try it. I have kids' watercolors that I have used but these are artist grade which make the colors so much prettier and brighter. I also use real watercolor paper, it makes a difference! None of those warped charming paintings we brought home from school!


Some of my compositions are not very good but it is the fun of doing something that does not come easy but is satisfying. I always learn something every time I pick up the brush.


Just to keep it real, not everything is blog worthy!!! Duds, but now I know how to do something different. Some of it is not really liking the colors, like that faded rose looking thing in the middle or painting over a leaf like that orange mess.

I have been sewing, but not a lot. I have also started like 589 different things! Focus is not my strong suit right now. Hopefully later this week I will have some sewing to show you.

Kelly

7 comments:

  1. Glad you focused on your painting today. Those are great colors and spring flowers. I guess, like quilting, if you use good materials the results somehow seem to be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your little watercolors! It's so good to go back to nature when things seem so unsettled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're reminding me that I should get out my watercolors and brushes. I've gone on spurts of painting flowers, too, and always wish I'd keep up with it. Starting again months later always make me feel like a beginner again. Any path you take to explore your creativity is beneficial and if it gives you enjoyment, let it be so! We will look back on this time and be grateful for time to indulge in so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your paintings and I have a confession, I really love the red poppy where the colors bleed a little. It's artistic and not literal and I think it's really beautiful. All of your flowers are beautiful! I love my bookmark and 2 paintings.
    You are a natural talent for watercolor.
    I too feel very scattered and unsettled too. Thanks for the book recommendation. I like dual timeline books.
    I went on amazon and searched gold rush and there are a lot of titles. Isabelle Allende is coming out with a book in May "Daughter of Fortune" about the gold rush era.
    stay well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your watercolor paintings! You have a natural talent - artistry - which shows in both your painting and your quilting. And both are in your happy, sunny color palette, so very pretty. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how charming. I'm doing the free sketchbook lessons at the moment, and one teacher yesterday said her tip is to keep your supplies out so it's easy to do daily. Who makes your paints? The colors are pretty and pure. I have about three watercolor palettes and I seem to go back to the KOI each time despite the reviews saying they are chalky. They are clear and pretty. I just got some finetec metallics and LOVE them too. Your counter is pretty too! No real flowers here yet, expecting snow again this weekend but yesterday was hot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did a little water color recently, but know that if they get wet they will bleed. Do you know what I could do to keep that from happening? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!