KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Monday, March 21, 2016

Monday Sewing


I only have this lonely block to show you today. The pattern is called Meridian. The fabrics are by Alison Glass. I don't very often only use one line of fabric but I wanted something fast and cool. These fabrics are COOL! Sort of a batik but not and the colors are great.
I used different background for each section and am happy with the way they came together.

Now for the quilting, I will have to think about that one. Do you have a quilting design figured out before you sew your blocks or do you figure it out after? I would say I am an "after". This was a fun exercise in curves and it ends up measuring at about 20" x 20". A great size for a mini!

Kelly

10 comments:

  1. This piece is the definition of cool. I love it! I'm an "after" too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun block! I am definitely an after. I rarely think beyond the color choice when I am making a quilt :). And I am not a confident machine quilter so I usually stall awhile before making a decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an "after" too, because when I am making the block, I don't think about the quilting ! And the design of the block determines the design of the quilting !
    Wonderful block with wonderful fabrics Kelly !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how crisp these circles are. That seems like the wrong word to use with circles but I think not. I made some circles with that quick ruler at our retreat. I'm not crazy about results but that's life in the quilting world. I'll send pic later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabrics are fab! I just bought that green architecture-y one. I can't tell they are from the same line at all. What's it called? Mish-Mash?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric and the pattern. Great job on both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool block and great colors. As you know I'm just beginning to quilt my own quilts. I would say I'll probably be an "after". You always pick great color combos. Judie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm "after too" but sharon schamber advises "Do all your work with the quilting in mind" I've tried but it's hard.
    love those prints!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!