KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Miss Barb


One of the very best things about social media is the friends you make along the way. Barb who blogs at  Fun With Barb was one of my first. It is so amazing how much we have in common. We never would have met if our blogging paths had not crossed!

Above you can see the adorable caddy she made for me along with all the goodies she put inside. It was so much fun to go through each pocket and zipper to uncover each treasure. Knowing that my friend made it for me is a joy you find in the sewing community. We all GET IT! We know the time and love each handmade item takes and it makes me feel good knowing she wanted to make something just for me!

I have already started using the caddy in my sewing room. Just about everything you need fits right inside of it perfectly and I am not digging through every drawer. The little zip with the girl on the swing also had a penny in it for good luck!

Thank you so much Barb! I do have one question though, how did you know I needed a new rotary cutting blade?

Kelly

10 comments:

  1. I knew I liked Barb, the first time you introduced us. She's a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a special gift from a special friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous, and so generous. Sewing friends really are the best. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb is a sweetheart and for the blades...a little bit medium ? ah ! ah !

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all need a new rotary cutting blade! We never change them often enough! What a thoughtful friend Barb is! Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet friend and a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, how clever of Barb to include a rotary cutting blade. What a wonderful package full of fabulous goodies. I know she'll have had fun picking all these treasures for you. Whenever I see cards with buttons on them I think of Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderfully sweet gift box! That zippered bag with the girl on the swing is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it just amazing how the internet has changed our world??? What a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you liked the caddy Kelly - You've always been such a good and supportive friend. I chose all those fabrics for you.
    It was too fun to find things to tuck into the caddy. I originally started collection flat things for a prize ball - but i knew you already got one so they worked perfectly in the caddy -
    enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!