KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Monday, September 29, 2014

Home Alone


My husband was away for 4 days on a motorcycle trip and I was looking forward to a few days of uninterrupted sewing. I had planned on finishing the Dolly Quilt and finish or start working on some other things.



Grandsons, Griffin and Elliot had an inservice day from school on Friday. I haven't see them in a while so it was nice to spend the day with them. Once they are in school, those days are far and few between. They are working on self portraits, more on that to come. There will be a quilt.


Saturday morning was a soccer game and Saturday afternoon a birthday party. By the time I got home I was not in the mood to sew and the last show before the mid-season break from Outlander was on. We are hooked big time. I really like how it is following the book pretty well.


Sunday was a baby shower so that day went by fast too.

I wanted to tell you that I had my Dear Diary Quilt appraised at the quilt show. To my surprise it was appraised at $1,000! I don't know what I thought it would be, but I am ok with it.

I urge you to do this if you put a quilt in a show that has an appraiser. It's a nice document to have especially if it is an unusual quilt. I loved how she called it "highly original"!
The judges comments left a bit to be desired. A well known quilter said this....."What a fun idea creating a unique quilt. Interesting diary quilt that documents your life and expands your talents. The provenance of your quilt is well documented." While that is all nice I would have liked some constructive criticism too, or maybe I should interpret it as just perfect?
 (-:

Kelly

14 comments:

  1. I can so believe your quilt is worth $1000. I would have said it is a priceless treasure! Your little mini quilt is so cute!! I love the way youve made the background. I've looking forward to seeing your grandsons portraits and your plans for the quilt. You always get up to such fun craft activities with your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that the quilt is perfect! :) Love how your mini is coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL…I thought you were home alone right now. I was going to see if you wanted me to sneak over and scratch on your windows after dark and scare you!! LOL

    Doesn't seem like you were really alone after all……and WOW $1000.00 for your quilt…..clapping clapping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes….and your dolly quilt is cute cute cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like life took over your time alone! Love your dolly quilt. So cute! Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the dolly quilt it is just so adorable!
    a few days to just sew,sew,sew is always fun!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow - great appraisal! I have all my original work appraised (eventually). a show is a great way to do it.
    Well - you been busy!! looks like you have been having fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your diary quilt is highly awesome. I think the judge wanted to acknowledge your creativity and was too flummoxed by all the different treatments to comment on technique. Enter again! It's so worth it. Bob should take another trip. You didn't get much Kelly time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful feeling that must have been to hear $1000 ! That deserves a congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is so personal, one of a kind and perfect! I have never had any of my quilts appraised. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have had a very busy time. The idea of having a quilt appraised is a good one. Congrats on the valuation, too.
    Is it usual to have an appraiser at your quilt shows?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is priceless and PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep! Perfect. You are making another perfect one today!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!