Our new grandchild is here! We welcomed Piper Rose Kelly early Wednesday morning! We are so lucky to have a healthy happy mom and baby!
We were surprised and did not know if my daughter was having a boy or a girl. The way they have decided to do it is the kids get to go in first and meet the baby. At that time they find out if they have a brother or a sister and what the name is......nobody knows before they do! I love this tradition and thinks it makes them feel special. Yes we were in the waiting room waiting to go in and find out!!!
My daughter has taken all her children home in this cute little outfit, love that tradition too!
Now they are party of 6!!! Everyone has said how amazing my daughter Caitlin looks. I love seeing the happiness in her smile!
The kids had a crazy night before but were very excited and happy to see little Baby Piper.
Madison and Piper......
Finnegan and Piper....
Brynn and Piper.......
Finn is in love! The first day she was home, he held her for 2 hours! He is such a good big brother.
This picture is from today and she already looks different! They grow so fast! She is such a little sweetheart!
I think it is kind of cool she was born during the 50th anniversary of Woodstock. It's been fun to read about it this week. I was 13 when it happened and only remember the music mostly and hearing about it on TV. Some interesting fun facts I found out:
- Jimmy Hendrix was the highest paid performer------$18,000
- Santana only made $750.00
- The Grateful Dead only made $2,500 and most people slept through their performance!
- Many people missed Jimmy Hendrix play the Star Spangled Banner because he didn't play it until early Monday morning when most people were leaving.
- Janis Joplin performance at Woodstock is said to have been lacking!
- My own surprise thing was I always thought Bob Dylan was there, but he was not.