KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

One More


Maybe I am developing a problem? I love pincushions. I like making them, I like how they look, and they are fun to collect. This one is going to be a gift, I think or maybe in the pincushion swap next month at the Lancaster MQG. It will depend on if I can come up with an idea I like. It's big 6" x 6".



A few weeks ago I showed my heart block that I made for the meeting last night. I won 18 blocks! Plenty for a nice quilt or maybe even a couple of table runners! The colors are so pretty and very modern!


I am also in a swap with some of the other members. These are the colors I am working with this month a bit of a stretch for me but I am up for the challenge. I will show you the block later this week. Purple is one of the colors, I had to dig deep in the stash for that one.

For my local readers I am doing a trunk show on Monday February 8th for my guild the Penn Oaks Quilt Guild The meeting starts at 7:00, for more information click on the link or send me an email.

Kelly


12 comments:

  1. I was so sorry to miss the meeting last night. But I am intrigued... a pincushion swap?
    Those heart blocks are so cute! Nice colors & fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff on your post today. The pincushion is very cheerful and the heart blocks have special meaning. Before our guild's retreat 18 months ago, I asked the members for these blocks to use in a quilt my sister requested for a friend with a breast cancer recurrence. I was hoping for 20 to make a lap sized quilt. The quilters came through with 36, enough for twin bed, with leftovers for the back. The recipient lives somewhere in your neck of the woods, and is enjoying it to this day. Have fun with your hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your little pin cushions! They're just adorable!! And inspiring!!! Hope your snow melts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pin cushion! Love the hearts...I can see you finishing those in a cool way. Fabric: doesn't scream you but I can see you working with them. Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a super cute super sized pin cushion! Congrats on winning the heart blocks.
    I wish I could come to your trunk show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pincushion is delightful Love the fabrics especially how the bright colors pop on the newspaper print..

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are developing a problem ? Is it serious doctor ?
    No because they are beautiful and I loĆ²ve your pincushions ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty pin cushion! The heart block with the lips in the middle is mine! Can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable pin cushion. How many do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this pincushion is lovely too!!! I will 'Pin' your pincushions to my Pinterest page, allright?
    Groetjes
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  11. I l-o-o-ve you pin cushions! They are always so fresh and cheerful, as is this one. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been making such wonderful fun things!! That pin cushion is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!