KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Where Do You Get Your Inspiration?



I find inspiration every where...........advertisements




books.......




a granddaughter trying to thread a needle....



quilt by Christine Kamon
friends' quilts................




still trying.....




friends again........




the garden...



bags of unusual fabric from a friend...............




more books.......




passing on a hobby you love........she did get it threaded after some tears (she pricked her thumb). I think I need to find some of those sewing cards!

Kelly

10 comments:

  1. good for Maddy for not giving up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a sweet picture. Maddy is going to be a quilter just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's adorable... So determined!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time to buy her a needle threader!

    That advertisement is just crying out to become a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandmother gave me a needle threader, I broke it being too rough but I was careful with the next. It must make your heart happy to see Maddy wanting to sew. As for inspiration - its everywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had those sewing cards when I was little and they were a good first step. Next I sewed clothes for my troll dolls and no matter how rough they looked, I thought they were beautiful. I think Maddie will have wonderful memories of all the craft projects you do together. You are a terrific grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah how cute, great she is so determined!
    hmmm can't wait to see the fabric in that bag...what will you make
    inspiration I find almost anywhere, either color or pattern but quilt designs always go back to the antique quilts from the 1800's love my quilt book library!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  8. She might like the plastic canvas, yarn and a big needle from JoAnns. .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the look of concentration on your grand daughter's face! Gorgeous!
    Inspirations is everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved those sewing cards.
    She looks so adorable trying to thread that needle.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!