Friday, July 8, 2016
Maddy's quilt is finished, with a little help from mom mom. I am so excited to give it to her so she can hang it in her new bedroom. I see more quilts in her future.
I sewed this whole quilt up today and just have to sew down the binding which is glue basted right now. It is for a baby girl that was born last month. I think it is fun that the trend seems to be moving towards couples not finding out if the baby is a boy or a girl. I never had the option and am not sure what I would do, we will NEVER know!
I think this fabric is so sweet.
I started sewing these strips together to see how they were going to look. Little did I know I have to sew them in the same sequence or they don't match. Seven pairs of strips had to be "unsewn". Good thing I checked! I am hoping to make this a big quilt and so far I love it.
I am itchy to work with some solids. We have a Round Robin improv challenge for the Lancaster Modern Quilt Guild next month. I am trying to decide to use these or my hand dyes. So many good decisions to have to make!