KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Snow Day, Sew Day


I love this new pouch I made the other day. It's called the Lola Pouch by Sotak Handmade . It is the perfect size for all kinds of things. I made the larger one but there is a smaller one as well. I am hoping to make another one to store things for an upcoming retreat.
The one tip I will give you is, it is optional to quilt the outside fabric using a fusible fleece. Do it for a nice sturdy pouch that stands up well.


The other thing I like is that it opens real wide! Easy to get things in and out.


The inside is made with a vintage "art" fabric that is so cute!


The pattern was very easy and well written with good instructions. The zipper is nice the way it sits down within the binding. I love her examples too! I think these would make great gifts.



Right now I have stored my templates and paper pieces for the La Passacaglia quilt in my new pouch. A couple of friends and I have decided to take on this very, very long term project. I was planning on showing the ladies at our guild this tomorrow for our Member Demo day. Snow if forecasted so that may not happen. This is very uncharted waters for me as they are sewn together not as I thought.....it will teach me yet another new skill.


    I do love those little lobsters though......

Kelly

14 comments:

  1. I love the Lola pouch pattern- I just finished one for a swap. I need to do another for me!
    Cute little lobsters- even though I don't like seafood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great start to your La Passacaglia! Love the lobsters, they make me hungry. Will you be bringing this to the retreat? Wonderful pouch too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You create the cutest pouches and bags. I'll take a look at the pattern. Your beginning of the La Passacaglia is a huge WOW! Those lobsters fit perfectly into that pentagon shape. Your creativity is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pouch and your fabric selections, of course! I love how the zipper is hidden, looks so neat and tidy. Thanks for the tip too.
    I'm sorry I'm going to miss your demo tomorrow. The lobsters are just too cute! I've been in my sewing room all day, perfect weather for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "Lola" pouch is my favourite pouch pattern! The concealed zip is so neat looking! I use mine for my colouring pencils etc. Love the lobsters too! The floral and spots you have paired them with is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to make the Lola pouch! Your vintage art fabric is so pretty! And those lobsters! Cute and perfect placement! Is the quilt you're working on one of the millefiori quilts? Excited to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enough snow to cancel the meeting? I have not started my La Pas yet. Am jealous you have 😕 I think i may start it for my driving home project. Too busy getting ready for Daytona.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lobsters! Too, too cute. You're making me think of lobster dipped in melted butter and lobster rolls and lobster far Diablo. Sorry to miss that demo. You would have had a bite of lobster salad for us, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see your La Pas quilt progress. I am finally thinking I'm going to succumb to the pouch making trend. You are tempting me. Did you have guild?

    ReplyDelete
  10. AAAHHHH! I love the prints on your bag. So much vintagy goodness.

    the lobster block is Rockin'.....get it? rock lobster :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will have to check out the Lola pouch pattern. I like the way the zipper is applied.
    Your pictures are always so bright and cheerful, it must be because you use such cheerful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your bag but the lobsters SWOON. I think your version of this quilt is going to be SO original. Great start!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OHHH I'm loving all your super cute fabrics!! Your pouch is so sweet and I love the project it contains!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That lobster fabric is just lovely! Wish I knew where to buy it.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!