KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A Lovely Rainy Wednesday


I signed up for a Kaffe Fassett Mini Quilt swap over the summer. I have a lot of those fabrics and wanted to use them up, this was the perfect excuse. I included a magazine and some extras for my partner who lives in Austria.


I found this cute little needle keeper and now wish I had bought one for myself.



This year in my Penn Oaks quilt guild we are having a 4 patch swap. As you can see this month's color is pink. If all goes well at the end of the year I will have 90 assorted 4 patches.



My sister in law and her husband left for Texas yesterday and it took everything I had to stay awake the rest of the day. A fun week of partying, an out of town wedding and no exercise has taken it's toll. I will admit it up front, I took a nap! After dinner I just had to go up into my sewing room, even if it was just to pick up and look at my fabric. Well one thing led to another and before you know it the 4 patches were made. I still wanted to sew but knew that I also needed to get to bed. I grabbed some scraps that were laying around and this sweet pincushion was born, It gave me a good feeling of satisfaction. It was just enough.
I especially like the "sewing box" label that was on a selvedge. I think it adds a nice touch. It feels so nice to be back in the saddle even if I am only on a pony!

Kelly


7 comments:

  1. For only being on a pony, you were galloping along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your swap partner is a lucky lady. I adore the sweet pincushion too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new font! And the pretty pincushion, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun quilt! Love the polka dots and fabric placement. Your swap partner will be pleased! That is a super cute pin cushion. You were very production for being so tired. I can only imagine what might have happened if you were on top of your game. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mini quilt. Your partner will be thrilled to receive it. Love your pin cushion too, especially the addition of the Sewing Box label.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a couple of fun swaps, especially with o/s partners.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE the little pin cushion! And your swap items were fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!