KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Quick Sew


I really don't have time to sew today but I just wanted to try out 1 block.


I wanted to see how it would look with this background. The plan is to make a big pinwheel quilt. It's one of those patterns I have always liked and lends itself to scrappy. I am not sure about the background. I want something low volume  and think this might be too busy.


You can find the block in a new book called, Farm Girl Vintage by Lori Holt. She has great simple ways to make blocks and there will be a QAL starting in May.


I took a break from cutting up all those sections for my grandsons' baby quilts. Any guesses as to what pattern I am making? They will both be the same pattern, the colors will be mixed.
I am also going to get outside and enjoy this beautiful (finally) day and pick some daffodils!

Kelly

10 comments:

  1. fun !
    I like the background myself. These pattern are perfect for your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another yes on the background from me too! I like those pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far it's unanimous - I like the background too. And your pinwheel fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the background as well. Happy colors for the pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background. I can see a vase of daffodils on these pin wheels-Just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that background fabric awaiting in the wings...well under the cutting table with possible buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lovely block and I actually like the background you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pinwheels are spring incarnate!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!