KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Crafty


Today I had some last minute quilt show errands to do. One of them was to get some gift bags so I went to Michael's. Craft stores have not been a priority for a while and what a pleasant surprise! I found this fabric washi tape in pretty, floral colors. It is like a sticker, you peel the backing off to use it.


This is the brand and they had tons of cute things in a large range of colors. It was hard to narrow it down. I am thinking of using regular fabric, maybe with some glue?


I like the pack that has the 2 colors, again I could have bought every color....restraint.


I saw this idea in Country Living magazine and thought it would be a good grandchild project. We tried it with regular washi tape but you could see through it and it didn't look as nice. It works the best on a straight edge jar (not tapered). What a fun way to store my pins!
I am now hunting through the pantry for expired jars of food!

Kelly

11 comments:

  1. That is such pretty washi tape! I'm sure you'll find lots of fun projects to use it for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used Washi tape. Looks so pretty, perhaps I should try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never used Washi tape, but it is so pretty! Do you think it would work for edging / binding on a design board? It's a 1/4" thick posterboard with batting on one side to hold block pieces in place before sewing them together. Is it very sticky?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable tape! I haven't been to Michaels for awhile either...must check it out...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will be on the look out for that tape. I never cared for the see-thur look of the other and this can be used for allot of things. And the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which Michaels? They are all great- I work at the Lancaster one right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cute jar! would be great for food gifts. gotta get me some!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable. Therapeutically, you are what is called an enabler:) Now I have to go to Michael's to look for that tape!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baby food jars, Kelly! You'll have an abundance of those real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It 's a new kind of cooking:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good idea. Is it wide enough to use for binding. When I took one of your classes we made our own fabric binding to fuse. Thought that would be a great use!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!