KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Monday, April 27, 2015

Beach Basket Cottage


This is where I have been for the past 10 days or so. My husband and I escaped to Anna Maria Island in Florida. I loved this little cottage they call "Beach Basket" It is a vintage little place but with all the must haves, like air-conditioning!
It is one of the barrier islands near Bradenton and Sarasota. The beach was beautiful, sugary, white soft sand, turquoise water and lots of pretty shells. I did get sunburned!


The weather was amazing, the mid 80's.  At home they were getting freeze warnings!




They had pretty, beachy artwork, some by local artists......


We went for a bike ride one day and look what we found. How about this for some random street art?


Hundreds of beach toys stuck on a chain link fence. It was very colorful and very fun. Not so sure about the bottles though....




and pretty dishes that made it feel less like a rental and more like a home. I also love the wood cut outs around the shelf.


We spent a lot of time around the pool. We had coffee and breakfast every morning out here. My sister in law and her husband were here for a couple of days and she very nicely made bacon and eggs every morning.
After a day at the beach we would come back here, take a swim and then grabbed our books with a cocktail or two. All I can say is that is was extremely relaxing and you could walk to the restaurants which we loved. Two nights we walked on the beach to a restaurant called The Sand Bar and had to find our way back in the dark,  it was actually very easy.
If you want more information on the place and some better pictures, you can check it out here Beach Basket. All the opinions are my own and I was not compensated. It was just a very lovely place!

This is a crazy week but I hope to get back with some more sewing related content.

Kelly

16 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful and relaxing. John and I will have to check it out. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How perfect! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. The beach is my favorite place. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me alegro que cuanto disfrutaste de tus vacaciones
    el lugar se ve muy tranquilo y bonito
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely beach stories! As soon as I saw your first picture I was transported back to the Florida of my childhood. I grew up not far from Anna Maria, but I have never been there. It will have to go on my "to-do" list, as I miss old fashioned Florida fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! If I were you, I would have a hard time leaving that cute beach house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from Anna Maria...I am so happy you enjoyed your stay at our little Beach Basket...Loved your photos and comments...It is a special place...Come back soon! Karen Hasler

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cute cottage. So vintage Florida. Looks amazing and sounds like it was wonderful.
    Glad you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the beach, and Anna Maria Island is one we haven't visited - yet. After seeing this post, I think it'll be a destination sooner rather than later. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your holiday sounds so perfect in every way. I bet it was nice to soak up some sun and relax by the pool. Beach Basket is such a cute name for a house too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like the perfect getaway Kelly. Glad you had such a restful time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so.... relaxing and I am sure you had a wonderful time. We use VRBO allot and never have been disappointed. My friend uses it all the time in the islands and Europe too. What a cute house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect beach house! The color couldn't be more perfect. It sounds like you had the perfect relaxing vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun. You were just a little spoil Diva there for a few days.....good while it lasted.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just....wow! I've never been to Florida......YET!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful place for some R & R. I've used VRBO many time. It's a great resource. I've bookmarked Anna Marie Island.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is sounding like an ideal holiday. What a lovely house and a great location!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!