|My diary quilt|
Next week, December 13th is my 55th birthday. I am going to make a 6 1/2" unfinished block EVERY week for a year, starting and ending on my birthday. Now there are 52 weeks in a year which does not work out well with quilt blocks, so I will have a beginning block (the one above) and an ending block. The plan is for it to be 6 blocks x 9 blocks.
I will post my new block every week (accountable!) on Tuesday.
- The blocks will be 6 1/2 unfinished.
- It has to be fun, nothing earth shattering. I am not calling it a Journal Quilt, it sound too serious.
- I can do whatever I want but the plan is to put things that are happening in my life in the block that week.
- New techniques will be tried.
- I will try new colors, but will stay with my clear color pallette.
- I will add some humor into it.
- Each block will be quilted as I go, so when I am done, so is the quilt! Some by machine and some by HAND!
- I am going to butt the edges together and zig zag the seams together.
- I am really, really going to try and not start the block on Monday night....we will see!
- Any kind of material, button, doodad, paint, ink etc can go on the quilt.
- I must complete each block in the one week time period....no excuses.
So there you go. I have to give Cheryl credit for giving me the idea, she may be doing something similar.
Anyone else want to give it a try? You could do one a month which is very fun and use a bigger block. Let me know and we can make a list with links to everyone who is giving this a try.
I am already trying to think of what is on the next block that is due 12/20!!!