KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Fussy Cut Hexie Class


This spring I will be traveling to the Valley Forge Quilters' Guild to teach a class on Fussy Cut Hexies.


Last summer I did a trunk show and they were in love with these 2 quilts. Right away they wanted to know if I would teach them how.


It's one thing to make things on your own and another to teach it to students. As you can see I am making another, this time with a Christmas theme. This way I work out the bugs and write down a lesson plan of sorts.


It's been a little weird working with Christmas fabrics again so quickly after Christmas. I think in the end it will be a cute quilt.
If you were making one of these, what themes would you pick?

Kelly

16 comments:

  1. what fun! I love fussy cutting. You'll be a great teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would love to do a Halloween one because yours is so stinking cute. I wish I could take the class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think cutsie animals-started 1 and it really is coming out cute. Am doing a ring w/ a different hexie in the middle however. Love the Halloween idea also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After this last week of winter, I think I'd pick fussy cut flowers. So pretty. Wish you were closer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this project! Definitely Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice article as well as whole site.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

  7. I always search to read the quality content and finally i found this in you post, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post is really nice and very interesting. I like to read more of the articles you made.

    ReplyDelete

  9. Wish to see much more like this. Thanks for sharing your information.

    ReplyDelete

  10. Good blog you have got here.. It’s hard to find quality writing like yours these days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great content material and great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it best and I will check it again and save it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All your post are easy to understand and carry much information. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. This shot has navigated right into my heart.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!