KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Snowballs!


It is snowing and freezing here today. I love scrap quilts and have lots of scraps so I have decided to work on using some of them up.


So in honor of all the snow today I made some snowballs. They really are cute and will be a fun and easy project to make here and there.


I struggle with contrast. I have had this Color Tool for a long time. The red thing is called a Ruby Beholder. You look through it to see if you have enough contrast and it will jump out at you or blend in if you don't. It is very helpful!


I promise I am not going to show this every day but I am loving it so far. Not the weather but the colors. As you can see there is a white goose for the snow today.
One of the things I want to do this year is not complain about things that I have no control over like the  weather, people or circumstances. Yes it's cold and no I don't want to leave the house. Every season has it's good and bad points. I feel like winter is a time to hibernate (a bit) and work or create things inside. Reading is another great time for winter along with sewing. Too often complaining becomes a habit before you know it. A good one to break!

Kelly

6 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your thoughts about winter ! Reading, stitching and...quilting close to the fire !
    Perfect program !
    Your snowballs are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tiny snowballs!!!! And I really love the colors of your FG!!!!! So pretty! So go ahead and show them every post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute snowball blocks. I use a red viewer too - and also a reducing glass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those snowballs are definitely appropriate. I'm working on some too. Do you trim all the layers out from under the corners?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m such a weather girl. I know to break a habit, you replace it whith something different and positive. Wracking my brain on the complaining about weather! The snowballs are fun! Im working on wildflowers... longing for Spring. Is that a complaint?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!