KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Summertime



Last week our guild had Melissa Averinos for a workshop and lecture. Her workshop is called "Making Faces". It was so much fun and everyone had a blast. Please consider her for your guild you will not be disappointed. She is warm and very genuine. I am hoping to get this quilted soon instead of adding it to the UFO pile.....






 I have been working, very slowly on my granddaughter Brynn's quilt. I am really enjoying picking out the fabrics and fussy cutting the centers. I better get going she is almost 6 month old!




I make piles of fabric combinations so I don't have to cut them all out at the same time. A little cutting, a little sewing and a little deciding.
I am still not sue how I am putting this together. The only thing I think I might do is half square triangles along the outside edge, in pink of course!


I have been reading voraciously! It's so much fun when you get a good selection of books. This was a tough read but very good. I love when the person in the story triumphs! It was a true story.


I so wanted to like this book. I read about it on line and it looked like a winner. An artist, a writer and quilts, what's not to love? I felt like she was very whiney and so self absorbed. Enough said. True story.


This one I happened on in the new non-fiction section. Who doesn't want to read about the last hermit? I found it fascinating and interesting. He lived in the woods (Maine) for 27 without ever being found. I won't tell you anymore but definitely worth a peruse.


This is the one I am currently reading and it is good too. It's all about hoarding and also is a true story. I just happened to be in the library when all the new released good books were put out so I scored.
I have a stack of about 7 books left to go. Sitting on the porch at night, no matter how hot it is reading, is truly a summer pleasure not to be missed.

I have a bunch of sewing ideas in my head but they aren't ready to come out. Maybe after a few more books (-:

Please let me know if you have read any of these and your opinions are always welcome.

Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Haven't read any of the books you mention, but love to read. And the quilt blocks are so sweet, it will make a lovely and lovable quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like having a Good Library Day! ....well, Good Hair Day is pretty sweet, too. Sooo looking forward to some porch reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny, I love Plain and Simple, but I read it while raising kids and I identified with her at the time. I also loved the passage: One day I won't need a gold star, or any star at all" .
    Loved Coming Clean! I googled her after reading it - which I almost always do with Memoir to see images of them, etc.
    I want to read hermit and will add it to my list.
    Love your face! is it a self portrait? The eyelashes are on fleek.
    super super sweet baby girl quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a gift for color, you never miss. That is just about the sweetest quilt ever! I wish I was a fast reader, I love hearing your book reviews and I love to read but I'm so slow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't read your books but reading takes a big place in my life too ! Nothing in my mind except the book's story !
    Your baby quilt is sooo cute !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty little blocks and thanks for sharing your reading list. I've already begun reading one of them!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!