I dug out some of my vintage blocks and played with them yesterday. While this is cool looking, I am not sure how it would sew up. It does have a lot of movement!
This was my original layout. I think this needs a little more work before I sew.
I took the original blocks that were pieced on newspaper foundation (that was removed) and pressed them with some Mary Ellen's Best Press. Then trimmed them down to a uniform size.
If you look closely you can see hexagons traced on the purple fabric. I love that she used every last scrap!
Here are the leftovers from the trimmings, I might hang on to these (-: you never know....
|Bluebird of Happiness and Sunflower|
I wanted to show you my quilts that got hung in my livingroom over the weekend.Technically this is not a formal living room but more of a read-a-book-have-a-conversation-without-distractions kind of room. I also still need some curtains.
The light is extremely bright in here so it looks very white. I will be getting/making new pillows for the couch.
Overall I am glad I put these quilts in this room. I used Commando strips to put them on the wall so I can take them down without leaving holes. Those ferns go out on the porch in the summer and are a bit overkill in this room, but I have to keep them alive until spring!