KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Thursday, August 28, 2014

August 28th


Happy Birthday to my youngest son, Colin! He is 33 today. He is getting ready to head out to the AT for a long hike. My friend Terry is also off, good luck to you both I hope you have great weather.


I "stole" this picture from the wall of their house. He has a magnificent view from this vantage point!


Louise

Yesterday I taught another Quick Curve Ruler class at the Quilt Block. My students were fantastic and very fast learners.

Betty
Betty is here for only a short while, next week she goes back to Japan!


Beverly
Beverly got into the groove right away and made quite a few blocks.


Betty was going to match up her curves until we mixed them up and thought they looked pretty good this way!


Beverly was using up some old fabric to try out the technique.


Louise was gearing up for Christmas and got a good head start.

All of these ladies were a joy to teach. They promised to send me a picture of their finished quilt, I will update when I receive them. They also were very clever and took pictures of the steps they were unsure of for reference when they got home.


You may remember the start of this little quilt.


I gave it to my friend, Sujata for her birthday. She used it to keep her bull warm. The other one was a little jealous, so she made one for him!They are a colorful pair!!!



Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I were closer to take a class--that quick curve ruler looks fabulous--It some how looksas if you could maybe do the centers for pickle dish? I am SOOO jealous...have a super Labor day Holiday hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. their blocks look great, fun to see fabric choices. The quilt is beautiful that you made Sujata for her birthday. very fun.
    glad they both have quilts for the winter :)
    LOL
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Colin. And Happy Hiking. That class looks like fun. Since I am currently couch-bound all I can do is enjoy the quilting of others.
    Your little quilt came out so cute. I love the colors, and I love the kind of fun wonky look of it. (Not really sure how to describe what I am trying to say).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm teaching a QCR class next March. In the meantime, I'm making my third QCR quilt. It's cut out, ready for piecing whenever I'm in the mood. Yet another project to HOP to! Neat that you were able to teach this, and get more quilters hooked on sewing curves. Your little quilt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Colin! 33 is such a great age. I bet your curve class is lots of fun! it's fun seeing all the different colour combinations. I was just over at Sujata's and saw those lovely bull and calf coats, they're sooo sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday and good luck to Colin. I've read man books on the AT and have hiked a little on it. Awesome adventure.
    Super Cute quilt for Sujata (and her bull)
    looks like a fun class

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!