KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Friday, March 1, 2019

Yikes!


I just realized I have not posted in a long time! Truth be told, January and February seemed to fly by this year. While some might say that is a good thing, I am trying very hard to live in the moment. I want to enjoy the quiet and slower pace of winter inside my cozy home. Once the spring and summer hit, there is never a dull moment! We are on the go, non-stop.
I love flowers and buy them for myself all the time. If you have not bought yourself some flowers for no reason, you should try it. Every time I walk into the kitchen it gives me a little surprise and a pop of color that is unexpected. It just feels good.



Speaking of flowers I have been painting all winter long! It is so much fun and very forgiving. If you don't like something, paint over it! I painted this for my brother in law, David who turned 50 this year.


This one is no longer in my house because someone wanted to buy it! I did love it too because I feel like I got the vase and water pretty accurate. Sorry for the not so good picture.


I've got some more in the wings for when the mood strikes.


The Lancaster Modern Quilt Guild is having a display of more modern log cabins this spring. Here is my contribution. Think it looks modern enough? I had no idea what I was going to do with that Tula Pink fabric......
Speaking of the MQG, I went to Nashville last week for Quiltcon! It was so much fun and such a different vibe than traditional quilt shows....... AND the vendors!!!! Many you have never seen at any other shows, they were fabulous!
My quilting companions, Stephanie,Terry and Mary also made it a fun trip, we talked non-stop (we drove) all the way there and all the way back. Road trips are always fun and a great way to get to know each other. Next year it is in Austin and the following year it is in Atlanta. They go back and forth each year, west coast and east coast.



I have been slacking with the sewing but am ready to get back on that horse. This is for a workshop in April. If you remember my "The Cow", it is the same technique, fabric collage.


Lots of reading going on too, a perfect winter past time. Actually for me any time is a good time to read! One I don't have in this picture is Where The Crawdads Sing. So far it is my favorite this year.


I have a workshop coming up and needed to make a new sample. Making a Christmas project right after Christmas was not exactly fun but I think it is turning out cute. I will probably be happy when Christmas rolls around that this is done and dusted!

Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Love Love Love your flower paintings Kelly! they are really smashing.
    I'm glad you had a good time in Nashville. Road Trips are awesome. I'll have to block out time when QC comes to Atlanta. I've never been and would love to go.
    Your Christmas piece is wonderful with the pink dottie background. very charming.
    Cool Log cabin block.
    Thanks for some book ideas. I also really like where the crawdads sing. great read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have really developed a style in painting! These have exuberance to them and actually kind of look like the collage pattern. Congrats on selling one, and the workshop... wish I could have gone to the quiltcon too! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paintings are beautiful! Such an amazing gift to have. I wish we lived closer to some of the areas where they are more apt to have these larger quilt shows! I would so love to attend on occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh she paints too...how beautiful! just saw your folk art quilt on wendy's blog...would love to see a full photo if you have it...

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!