KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Monday, July 30, 2018

July Garden


The gardens are flourishing! We have had lots of rain, translate lots of time to sew and everything has grown!
Above is a very pretty red salvia. I have never had this before but will be putting it back in my garden again next year.


The older I get the harder it is to motivate myself to weed, dig and do everything needed to garden.


These hibiscus are looking pretty good but truthfully the red reminds me of gobs of blood! In hindsight I would have chosen a different color but they seem to like where they are living...


 I chose these purple vinca and this was not my first choice. They are fine but I like the red/pink ones better. Next year.


I will always have Black Eyed Susans in my garden. They are happy warriors and perform continuously all summer long. They are a happy yellow backdrop for all the other flowers.




Black and Blue salvia, they really do look black at times!

 My Beauty bush (calicarpa) with berries that will soon be purple. This has started to self sew in my garden. Luckily I have shared this pretty fall bush. The leaves are a lovely lime green too.


I recieved a few sprigs of this last summer from my neighbor. We are not sure what it is but she said she thought it was a type of perennial impatient. I just love how delicate it is and it is in a happy place!

These petunias with the sweet potato vine make a great color combination. The geranium in this planter didn't do well this year and I am not sure why.


My butterfly bush seems a late in blooming this year. The butterflies have found it though!


I love these red cone flowers and this year they are doing great!



I have been a maniac with the liquid fence to keep the deer away from my daylilies. The reds ones are a gorgeous addition to the green in the garden. So far so good....


They did get some of the yellow ones but maybe next year I will succeed!


The hydrangea are so so. I think snow laying on the plants affects them. It's ok I will take the few little pops of purple here and there.


I don't know what I was thinking with the orange coleus....I should have gone with a different color. At least they will look good at Halloween!


Th fuchsia have struggled this year and I am not sure why....


Usually impatients do not do well here but this year the purple is a welcome relief in the shade.


Picture these against a bright blue sky, perfect!


The sycamore tree we planted a few years ago has really taken off. It is a beautiful shape and the bark has started to peel. This is my favorite tree.



I have some sunflowers that have survived the deer and bunnies at least for now! I had to stake them so the storms don't knock the over.


This is the garden I have been avoiding. It is in the back yard. The coneflowers have taken over. I am not a fan of the purple ones, they look like weeds to me BUT the bees, butterflies and hummingbirds love them. It would also be a lot of work to dig it all out....


This is another great little hard working annual flower called melampodium. I look for it every year. It is low growing but you can pick it to put into a bouquet.


No matter how hot it is outside, we sit out on the porch every single night. The end of day light that hits this section of the woods always makes me feel peaceful. I always think how lucky I am to see this every day.

We no longer see sunsets as the trees have grown for the past 32 years we have lived here but the light is always lovely.
I was gardening the other day and thinking it is very much like quilting. You can pick out the colors but sometimes they don't look right. Things self sow that you didn't plan and are gorgeous together.  You can plan, pick out the pattern/plants and buy all the stuff but if you don't do the work you won't get the results.
Gardening also gives me lots of time to think and plan things uninterrupted. I don't take my phone out with me and very seldom listen to anything other than the birds. The feel of the dirt on my hands, the sun on my face, the sweat and sore muscles are something I hope I can still experience for a long time to come.

Kelly

19 comments:

  1. I used to garden a lot; but as I got older I was unable to do the bending...now I am into mungo pines, prostrate junipers and hollies--the deer have eaten all of my lilies , mums and anything that blooms...what kind of mulch are you using--I like that charcoal color...you have lovely flowers... i miss my cut flowers...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, this was a beautiful post. I too find that gardening is getting harder each year and have been doing more container gardening with my flowers. The old reliable, petunias, were a bust for me however.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post. Your gardens are absolutely beautiful I love all the colors and textures.
    You truly have a gift. Beautiful property with a view.
    All your years of work in the garden really show.
    They have proved that gardeners live longer.
    Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so lush! We've gotten way more rain than I thought we would but the flowers are still not thriving. Yours are just beautiful. Its my opinion that orange in some form makes life sparkle. In quilts too. It doesn't have to be the star, or bold, but it adds an exciting element.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! My garden is actually looking pretty good also but some of my pots are drowned goo! Serenity to me is morning bird song and evening locusts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful garden! I love it when plants self seed and they get to stay wherever they choose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where can I find your tutorial The Lovely Woods (free pieced tree pattern)? It is no longer available on Pinterest. Thanks for sharing your love of nature in fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing information, Thanks for share this informative blog with us. Visit following page for web design services.
    Web Designing Company in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Nice Article keep it up...! Thanks for sharing this amazing information with us...! keep sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing this informative blog with us, this was really amazing and I’m really thankful to you.
    .. VIEW MORE:- Freelance Seo Expert in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trialix Male Enhancement CBD is usually used along side the cannabinoid THC Used collectively, CBD can counteract the high” results of THC. You can too check out these merchandise to expertise benefits in the long term. You'll have seen a wildly well-liked development of merchandise boasting to contain CBD, and this probably left you questioning precisely what it's. Proceed studying for more information on CBD oil, and how it can improve your vaping expertise. Hemp Fusion sells hemp products for a wide range of benefits, together with blends for sleep, stress discount, and digestive support. Hemp derived products containing CBD can be found for buy on-line and supply straight to your door, or at retailers in the United States and over 40 international locations world wide. Purified CBD is being examined, however artisanal formulations of CBD (oils) are already out there and being used by patients. Every of all these diffusers differs in the best way that it places important oils into the air, and each has completely different benefits. CBD has a variety of medical advantages, a few of which were talked about above. Most human studies of CBD have been performed on people who have seizures, and the FDA lately approved the first CBD-based drug, Epidiolex , for rare types of epilepsy.
    https://www.smore.com/czbha-trialix-male-enhancement-canada

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to say that this post is awesome, nice written.

    ReplyDelete
  13. إضافة إلى هذا ، لديها المؤسسة أجدد أدوات التنظيف ،
    فضلا على وجود أدوات جديدة لتطهير واجهات المباني الحجرية والزجاجية ،
    كما تقوم مؤسسة تطهير في خميس مشيط بتنظيف البيوت بكافة محتوياتها من الجدران والأثاث ،
    و السجاد أيضًا إلى الأماكن الخاصة للغسيل والتنظيف جيدًا ،
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض
    شركة النجوم لخدمات التنظيف

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are you a vehicle owner looking for genuine car spares at discounted prices? Your search ends at BP Auto Spares India. We offer the genuine Suzuki Alto Spare Parts at the cheapest prices in the market. Our spares will ensure that your car is running smoothly for a longer time. Do not waste your hard-earned money on counterfeit spares. Buy 100% authentic spares made with the finest quality material. Order online or contact us! Complete Online Suzuki Parts Catalog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice one, I like the way you explain every point in this blog. Looking forward to such articles on your website.
    6 finger hand

    having sex in the dream
    how to get a smoother butt
    benefits of meditation

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know what I was thinking with the orange coleus....I should have gone with a different color. At least they will look good at Halloween. Now it's time to avail https://zapshutters.co.uk/" for more information.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!