KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Monday, October 16, 2017

Autumn is Finally Here!


I love fall and it goes by way too fast. I was talking with someone the other day and we were both saying that Autumn is the busiest time of the year. Maybe because it is so nice out and you know you the days are numbered until the cold is here. This little arrangement is behind my kitchen faucet.


I used to go all out for Halloween but now only put out a few things. It makes me focus on the few things I have and is a snap to clean up! This is on the counter and every few days I change out the leaves. They are about due.


 The other thing I am doing is painting! I am in love with watercolors and am exploring many You tube videos and books at the library It is something I know nothing about but am having fun. This was my second try which is much better than the first.



Don't worry I am not giving up quilting, never! My stash won't allow it......


These trees were made in a class with Cindy from our Calico Cutters Quilt guild. I have been undecided about how to quilt it and just jumped in and am doing matchstick quilting with INVISIBLE thread. I have never used it. The jury is still out but I did not want to see lines on my dark or light fabrics I am so afraid it will be distorted, but too late now!


For inquiring minds.....the Downingtown Library is holding a fun raiser in the spring. They are looking to show that quilts are not only for beds but can be art too. This one is a little out there but I do like it! It is called Polygons by Jennifer Sampou. It is fun and quick and I love straight line quilting especially on small things (see above (-:). They will be putting the quilts up between now and April, so stop by to see them!


I totally forgot I had this "checkout card" fabric and ended up using it for my sleeve. I might just have to make another....


One of our guild members is moving away next month. Jean had a sale of all the things she cannot take with her. This is all but done so I am going to finish it for a another quilt raffle coming up in the spring.


This is why I haven't blogged in such a long time. I could not figure out how to find my pictures! Oh my gosh I feel like it was so easy before, why couldn't they leave it alone? Today I spent 3 hours going through this book to try and figure it out. I could barely do it......it feels so clumsy. I think I have it but now to edit them......Hopefully I will be back soon and in a more regular schedule!

Thank you to everyone who emailed to wonder if I was OK! It's nice to know I was missed.

Kelly

9 comments:

  1. You have been a busy bee! Love everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tough to figure out a new system. I am so not good at it either! Glad to see you're back with us. Lots of good stuff to look at today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are so multi-talented. All beautiful works :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Fall displays are lovely. The colours look so warm.
    I like the way you are quilting the trees. It is very effective.
    Good luck sorting out Windows 10. I had to have a lot of help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With computers I think you really need to use it everyday so you don't get a chance to forget what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was 51 degrees in my bedroom this morning! Yea! Finally Fall! I love watercolor, nice painting. I fall asleep to YouTube watercolor videos every night. Hardly ever pick up a brush... thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Windows 10"for SENIORS....is that the same as for DUMMIES? Hang in there..you will master it. Cool that you are playing with paints!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pumpkin watercolor! You are really talented with them!
    your quilts look great. I like the straight line quilting and the Invisible thread looks great to me.
    cute library card fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How are you ever going to continue to quilt when you are now starting painting???!!!
    Your pumpkin is fabulous! Nice job! And I love your fall displays!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!