KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Lazy Summer Days End


Finally I have something to show after many months of no sewing. I love these trees and can't wait to finish it into a quilt. Most of the fabrics are Alison Glass but a few  are not. Many thanks to Cindy Z for figuring out this poorly written pattern that was in a magazine.......I imagine the pattern made by the maker is much clearer.


I am almost finished with the binding on my swap blocks quilt. Jamie long arm quilted it for me and she did a great job. I will show it when the binding is complete.


Leslie alerted me to the fact that The Quilt Block has the gorgeous Grunge prints with dots! There are many more colors if you are interested. Of course they look so much better in real life......if you need some call them at 610-363-0404 they will be happy to mail them to you!


I have been on a reading binge this summer. I read this incredible book many, many years ago when it first came out. I am re-reading it (I can't remember a thing!) so I can....


read the 2 sequels! I love finding a book with sequels that are already published!


This is our book club pick for next month. Has anyone read it?

Kelly

10 comments:

  1. Those trees are amazing! That had to be a lot of work, but so worth it, right? I love your cheerful fabric and will have to check out those books.
    Happy Quilting!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your trees, very cool indeed. I have just bought those three books and about to start reading them so it will be interesting to hear what you say about them Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your trees look great, sorry to hear about the pattern. I think sometimes a quilter makes something awesome, then has to figure out how they did it. I've had that happen.
    I can't wait to see your finished swap quilt!!
    I haven't read your new book - let us know and thanks for all the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your trees! I'm still working on mine. They are fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might have to play with those trees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what pattern is the tree block? It's incredible as you've made it. I love finding books with sequels published too. Just keep going! I'm going to check these out!LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tree quilt-it is just insanely fun and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like your trees represent the fun you've had this summer. Yea! For finishing your quilt with your bow tie swap blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A busy time for you. The trees do look good. What a shame the instructions were not good.
    And your swap quilt is coming together well.
    Great to find books you enjoy and can especially enjoy reading twice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great update. I'm so excited for the new microbrewery! Love seeing the grandkids. Gosh, seems like Maddy was just Brynn's size.

    ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!