Almost a year ago I agreed to participate in a house block swap that Barb organized. Today I put the finishing touches on my quilt and I am so happy with the way it turned out. Thank you Barb, Robin and Susan for great blocks!
I pretty much knew from the beginning that it was going to be put together a bit like a puzzle. I also added some birds.....
and some trees, just to make it like a real neighborhood.
I loved this one Barb made because there is always one house in the neighborhood that looks a little scary!
Robin added ric rac and I was careful not to quilt over top of it. This was her first swap and I think she did a great job!
Whenever you make a quilt without a pattern, issues are sure to arise. I had this giant big space that was too much of a hole and looked totally out of place. I did not want to take anything apart and had these hexie flowers hanging on my design wall. They practically jumped onto the quilt. I think they were the perfect solution. You know for sure there are flowers in my yard.
I had a bunch of these half square triangles leftover from the Vintage Farm Girl quilt. They worked well to fill in spaces. I won't lie, it was a lot more work but worth it in the end.
Here is a better shot so you can see all the different sized HSTs I used.
Thank you ladies, it was a fun quilt to make!