KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Really Random Friday

Isn't this cute?  It is a card made by an artist named Anne MacMillan. She is a friend of Judie's who I visited last week.We have never met but I feel like I know her. We are hoping to meet in the near future. Hi Anne!


Even her business card is cute. Email her if you need some cool cards. I am sending this one out to a guild member who is under the weather.


This past week was also the end of an era. One of our very favorite old fabric stores closed their doors. Some of you know it as Hayloft Fabrics, it was also called Martin's or way back in the day it was Farmer Brown's. The best part was that there was a grocery store underneath it. You could pretend you had to get bread and milk, then also sneak up stairs for some fabric and feel totally justified.

On a really random note, for any of you that have been keeping up with the Penn State scandal please know that everyone I know in Pennsylvania is outraged about this whole thing. It seems that only the insulated people in the college area haven't quite got it yet. If you don't know what I am talking about you can google it. It is too terrible to even talk about here. Sorry to be so vague but I feel very strongly about this. I will now get off my soap box......

Kelly

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely card and happy business card! I didn't know about the Penn State thing. It's just awful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it so cute.Im pretty close to the campus and Im saddened as well.Im worried about tommorrow when everyone comes out for the Nebraska game.What an ugly shadow it casts over the college.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute card~! the whole thing is just so sad.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cute card! My sister lives very close from there.
    Keeping those kids in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!