KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving To You!


 As you can see I change the picture on my header. Yes it is a little blurry and old (1967) and I think I like it that way. Life was really good then, I say as I look through those rose colored glasses! This is one of my favorite pictures and I am not even in it! They are my younger siblings, Casey, Flynn, Darcy and Shaughnessy Hogan. My youngest brother, Duffy was not born yet and has since passed away. I love how Shaughnessy has her hair "set" for the big day, my brothers, Casey and Darcy in their plaid robes and Flynn in her fuzzy slippers with a smile that only a child can have on Christmas day.


Casey, Flynn, Darcy and Shaughnessy Hogan Christmas 1966


Jimmy, Kevin, Ellen and Dicky Meanix Christmas 1966

The above picture is of 4 of my husband's siblings (2 guns, a guitar and a baby!). We both come from large families, he has 5 brothers and 3 sisters. I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters. I am very thankful to have all of them. They made us the people we are today. They are the ones we were the closest to growing up and have shared experiences with, good and bad.

As we sit around the table and celebrate this year I will be thankful for each and every one of them!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Oh I just love your old photos--I also do scrapbooking and like to mix-in old and new on pages....Have a very Happy Thanksgiving--Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Kelly!
    These pictures are precious! Old pictures do bring out lots of memories. Glad you have your family near by!
    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great old photos! I love remembering the past this time of year. The boys and guns are so funny!
    happy thanksgiving
    enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos are fabulous!! Family is a great thi g to be thankful for! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos - thanks for sharing.
    My WM comes from a large family - three sisters, two brothers; his parents' descendants now include six children and their spouses, seventeen living grandchildren (three are WM's brother's step-children), two grandsons-in-law, various other partners of grandchildren, and ten great-grandchildren (with another on the way).

    I, on the other hand, have only one sister (no spouse, three children) and one brother (married, one daughter). And WM and I together had a very small family just one blessing - a daughter, now 25yo, who has a husband and two sons, aged 21 months and 5 months.

    Both WM and I have widowed mothers still living; my dad passed away in 2010, his dad earlier this year.
    Praise the Lord for families.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How charming. You have brought tears to my eyes, but happy tears as I remember those "days". You are certainly blessed with a wonderful family and they are blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!