KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Monday, March 19, 2018

Workshop with The Valley Forge Homestead Quilters


I had the nicest bunch of ladies for a workshop on Saturday! They all were so enthusiastic and willing to try making a quilt block without a ruler.


I especially love it when a student changes the "pattern" to make it fit their idea of what they want to make. It tells me that the wheels are turning!


Many made 2 or more blocks and tried some extra ideas that I gave them to get the feel for the technique.


You can see how hard they were working (-:


I am hoping to see some finished tops tomorrow night when I go to do a trunk show for them, but once again the weather is threatening....these all seem to be happening on quilting days.


These are the colors (almost all) for the Modern Quilt Guild challenge. I think I have an idea...


The other day I turned on the iron and left it sitting on my mat, time for a new one! What was I thinking?



I need to get back to my painting. I am not feeling very inspired, maybe because there are no flowers or pretty things to look at except snow right now.


My friend Terry, who is actively hiking the Appalachian trail, sent me this book for my grandchildren. My one son has also done some hiking and there is word that another one may give it a try this year. I think the little boys will love having this read to them! Thank you Terry!

Kelly

11 comments:

  1. Sewing with friends quilters is the best !!
    Congratulations to all the ladies !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice when you can inspire and be inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, love it when student venture off the grid...inspiration for all in class. I’ll never forget the time when my ‘teacher’ told me my change would not work. Man, was she wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky ladies and all their trees looked great. It’s a wonderful technique Kelly. I don’t hold out much hope for your lecture tho. This weather is the pits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all those tree blocks! I remember when you wrote about how you make these and have wanted to try. I really want to do a wall hanging of the four apple trees my husband planted outside my kitchen window 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I would have loved to been in this workshop with you! Great job ladies!!!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see the ladies enjoying their workshop with you. Great results.
    I can understand you not being inspired to paint as we have been hearing about all the snow that keeps falling..

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great workshop - I bet you are an awesome teacher! Love those trees.
    As a hobby hiker the book looks good. I've read several non-fiction AT trail books and I find them fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your new decorative designs! it's so beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky ladies and all their trees looked great. It’s a wonderful technique Kelly. I don’t hold out much hope for your lecture tho. This weather is the pits.
    สล็อต ออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed over read your blog post.
    Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
    I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!