KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Color, Color, Color!


So for the past few weeks I have been cleaning, purging and organizing. This center section was not  complete, but the other blocks that go along with it were sewn together just waiting for me. I remember when I was getting ready to pick out the fabrics for this, I was stumped and put it away. Sometimes I think that is a good idea rather than rushing it and not being happy with the result.
This is all machine buttonhole stitched matching threads as close as possible in case you were wondering.


Tried yellow first

The other lesson I have finally learned is that just because I sewed blocks together, if I don't like them I don't have to use them! I think we are all guilty of that at one time or another. They (the yellow) will be used somewhere else and will not go to waste. To me they were just too blah.



The Lipstick Pink on the other hand makes it sing! It also turns it into a cohesive quilt. I am excited to put this together after I make all those half square triangles.


This week our guild is having Demo Day and I am showing how to paper piece. Today I worked on some examples and got my things in order. It is a fun day and the members seem to enjoy learning something new, especially the new quilters.
Does your guild do something like this too?

Kelly

12 comments:

  1. Kelly alegres colores, parece primavera ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your interpretation of the applqiue in those bright modern colors. My local guild has done something similar in past years but hasn't done it recently,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your applique/star project. The fabrics are so cheery. I agree with your strategy... wait until the time is right!
    It's going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The applique centre looks great. I agree with the change of colour in the blocks. The pink is stunning.
    Good luck with the demo at the guild.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to a long time ago before the group disbanded. It's so true that some blocks are just better removed from the project. They can find another moment to shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does this bright cheery applique block have a pattern name and/or a designer?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, but we call it 'quilt camp' and we travel in groups to each of the demos. It's so much fun! I always learn something new! I am looking forward to seeing the quilt come together, what fun elements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your applique piece! that pink/red really does pop those stars - great value correction!
    have fun teaching paper piecing. Wish I could attend I pretty much stink at it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely design and great color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of zing in your pot of flowers and the star blocks. Very good looking all together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the beautiful colors you use in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like your new decorative designs! it's so beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    หนังเกาหลี

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!