KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Miscellaneous Tuesday


I usually can figure out any pattern and end up with halfway decent results. This was not this case with this zip bag. It was supposed to be more of a pouch but it did not turn out that way.


Once this happened I gave up, ripped out the mess and turned it into a pouch. The strawberry fabric was too cute to waste, not to mention all those Tula Pink ladybugs lined up perfectly.....that will never happen again!


I did also make some more pincushions, I loved fussy cutting these!



Friday my grandson Elliot came over for the day. We played games and did arts and crafts the whole day. We both needed a birthday card and made these colorful little gems.


I am finally able to show you the baby quilt I finished for my niece Jordan who is having a baby in May. We seem to have an endless supply of babies, I love it!

Kelly

9 comments:

  1. So much fun to make baby quilts. This one is very sweet! You have the skills when it comes to making great looking zip bags. I'm so terrible with anything zippers! Still terrified to try again after all these years.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the needle, but the zip bag is cute anyway! The pincushions are sweet too, and how much fun, another baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pin cushions--the fabric is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of an enlarged block being a quilt. Looks so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice baby quilt -looks soft and cuddly.
    I love your cards and a day of games and crafts sounds perfect to me.
    In the end your pink pouch turned out really cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What! Gotta be the pattern because you have an advanced degree in Zip Bag Making. Love the strawberry fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute baby quilt. The colors are so soft and the quilting adds beautiful texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you saved the day with your pouch. It looks great. Love the little cushions with the fussy cutting. That is a sweet fabric.
    It looks like you both had fun playing with the birthday cards.
    And the baby quilt is lovely. Soft and subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cultural appropriation thing has gotten completely out of hand. Can't believe some of the stuff people are getting away with these days. So sad.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!