KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Where Has January Gone?


Where has this month gone? I have nothing sewing wise to show for it. The above picture is about it, and the only thing I did was to glue fabric onto a hexagon, only 1! Our guild is having a member demo meeting next month. About 7 members show a technique to 7 groups for about 7 minutes. Each group then moves on to the next demonstrator and so on. They love it and often learn something new. I am doing EPP.


Monday I taught my granddaughter Maddy how to sew using her new sewing machine she got for Christmas. She did so well and I think she is hooked. She wanted to make a pincushion. When it was finished up she gave it to me ❤ ! I also gave her some scraps so she can practice.


What I have been doing is cleaning out my house. Except for fabric I really want less stuff around me. Pyrex is so pretty and colorful along with my finds at Anthropologie. I did take some to Goodwill though......


How do rooms end up like this? I know there is not much in here but it should look better than it does! This is a spare room in our basement where I keep all the decorations and highchairs (we now have 3 with another to come).....It's all cleaned up and organized now, I forgot to take a picture.


This is my side of my husband's office. It took me a solid week to clean, file and purge all those old files. Again why did I let it get so bad? It is so much more functional and I can actually find things! I could almost say it is fun to pay bills. This is a big room and would make an excellent sewing room.



I do have an old typewriter on my desk that I wanted to at least move if not just get rid of. My husband uses it about twice a year, so it's staying.


Thank you notes were written with these fun stamps. Who doesn't like getting a letter in the mail?


This past Saturday I had a luncheon for my daughter before she has her baby. All her best girls were there and we had such a nice time. No shower, no sprinkle, no presents, just a celebration of her. We wrote down guesses as to day of birth, girl or boy and name suggestions. Girl won by one vote. We only have a couple of weeks before we know!

Kelly

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished, even if it wasn't sewing. That pincushion is darling. I love when the kids show an interest in sewing, it is a fun thing to teach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the pin cushion should be saved above all else! Who cares about the pyrex dishware? Love that your granddaughter is taking up sewing!! Good luck with the new baby! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly tienes un precioso acerico !
    ¡¡que gran regalo!!!
    tu vajilla es alegre
    deseando ver a tu nuevo pitufin o pitufina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also been organizing, cleaning and purging our house -- haven't done real deep cleaning here since we moved in almost 3 years ago. It was unbelieveable what I found in the couches! I'm getting the kids involved to, with the goal of using %10 of their free weekday time (works out to about 20 minutes a week) getting rid of at least %10 of everything in the house. I'm having fun, and they're tolerating it. :) Here's to more sewing next month, in a cleaner lighter house! sarah@forrussia.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm another one who's organizing etc. Our shared room that serves as hub's office and my crafting room is too tiny so I keep doing whatever I can think of to use the space more efficiently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taking down the Christmas decorations does lead on to an urge to clean everywhere. I think it is sometimes better than a Spring clean. Well done with all you have achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't worry too much about lack of sewing. You do so much the rest of the year, January is your month to lay off and get organised, as you have done. BTW Everything probably got so messy 'cos you were too busy sewing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. You may have not been sewing, but you've been a busy beaver. And I'm so glad that Maddy lived her sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous Pyrex collection! Sounds like you are having a nesting time of January. Me too.
    How are you liking EPP?
    What a nice idea to have a luncheon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still see two weeks in January...all for sewing now that the work is done. I'm tacking our basement next week. I would be too ashamed to take a pic first, I think

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in the mood for cleaning and clearing space too. How fun that your daughter is waiting to find out! Our daughter did this too and it was funny how much it annoyed so many people. I thought it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It feels good to get so much cleaned up and organized, and to get rid of stuff too! I had to have some work done in the dining room where I sew (small apartment), so I had to clear everything out temporarily and now I hate to put it all back! The table is completely clear except for the sewing machine and it it so nice! I love it! You will be much happier with a neater space and will be able to accomplish more in the year ahead. It will give you a fresh start.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your messes look better than my messes. I do love that fun collection of pyrex. I only have a couple of pieces but I do love the cheerfulness of them.
    Congrats on the soon to be new grandbaby, can't wait to see photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello from Oregon! I love the picture of all the dishes. It warmed my heart to see that we share some of the same collection; I have the same yellow casserole with the daisy lid! We have also scaled down, but the daisy dish stays! We have been housebound off and on for 2 weeks due to harsh winter weather which has also stalled our house remodel. What's a girl to do but clean and quilt! Right? I sorted and cleaned everything in my quilt room and closets and packed a carload for donations (filled the garbage can too!). I am renewed! Looking forward to baby news.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is the month for going though things for lots of us. Your pictures are pretty too

    ReplyDelete
  16. Madrid got a sewing machine! How cool. Lots of good creative time ahead for both of you. Don't even talk about messes to me .....

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are such a good wife to clean out your husband's office! You realize that your fabrics and your Pyrex are in the same color ways? I'm crying in my coffee here reading that you took some Pyrex to Goodwill!!! I'll notify my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You might not have taken many stitches this week, but you accomplished a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You don't know how fortunate you are to have a "spare room" in the basement to even get messy! I'd love a space to keep a few extra things. I find that keeping and storing boxes - as in "if you need to return this item for any reason, it must be in the original packaging" - is the hardest. There's just NO place to put them. As it is, the vacuum cleaner is stored in the garage! Nice that you could help your granddaughter learn to sew. Having four grandsons, I'm terribly envious of anyone who has a grand girl.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!